- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Dec2014, Vol. 167 Issue 12, p121
The article offers information on several firefighting equipment including 1st Attack Engineering off-road fire-rescue truck, E-ONE pumper and Pierce rescue pumper.
- NEW HEIGHTS. Pauli, Kent // Fire Chief;Oct2005, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p76
Discusses trends that focus on ways to improve firefighting performance, save time and enhance firefighter safety. Firefighting capabilities and performance of aerial ladders and platforms; Preconnects and preplumbed hose boxes; Monitors that can handle the higher flow rates.
- EQUIPMENT NEWS. // Fire Chief;Nov2005, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p120
The article focuses on several fire fighting equipment. A training mask provides a realistic simulation of three smoke-filled environments. A 14-watt HID Power Light produces more than 800 lumens of true white light in a compact beam. Safesite is designed to monitor, detect and communicate the...
- Equipment News. // Wildfire;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p34
Features products and equipment for use in wildfire fighting. Ace Innovation's Fire Swatter, part of its Wildfire Warrior line; Equalizer Fire Trucks' vehicles; Western Shelter Systems' Crew Boss brush pants; Thales Communications' Thales 25 digital radio.
- Keep Your Cool. Laskaris, Michael A. // Fire Chief;Oct2005, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p82
Offers advice to fire fighters on how to avoid overheating of fire pumps. Causes of overheating; Accessories that add heat to the fire pump; Heating problems of single and two-stage fire pumps.
- High flash outdoor beacons. // Fire Safety Engineering;Oct2005, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p18
Reports on the development of a new range of beacons which are designed for the fire and security markets by Clifford & Snell. Features of the new technology; Availability of the flame-retardant version; Performance application of the beacons.
- Heat Transmission and Thermal Energy Storage in Firefighter Turnout Suit Materials. Barker, Roger L.; Deaton, Anthoney S.; Ross, Kevin A. // Fire Technology;Jul2011, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p549
This paper describes research conducted to develop a better understanding of the effects of turnout materials on heat transmission and thermal energy storage in moisture preconditioned samples exposed to low level radiant heat. It utilized a newly developed laboratory apparatus and testing...
- fire & security products. // Canadian Consulting Engineer;May2005, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p43
Presents products for security and fire prevention. Advanced Groove System and the FireLock EZ rigid coupling from Victaulic; FlameStopper from Wiremold Co. and Legrand SA, a device for through-wall penetrations that allows wires and cables to be added or removed easily while maintaining the...
- Fire suppression. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Mar2006, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p56
The article features the fire suppression product line from Firetrace International company and offers information on the distinct features, design, physical description, specifications and industrial applications of the product.