No Ugly Duckling
- STATION EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p8
Presents several fire station equipment and products. Tyco Thermal Controls' 1850-SE cable encasement; All A Board Inc.'s pine wardrobes; UniMac's laundry equipment.
- MANUFACTURERS BY PRODUCT CATEGORY. // Fire Engineering;Jan2007, Vol. 160 Issue 1, p146
A list of fire equipment manufacturers by product category is presented, including categories such as Air Purification Systems, Air Quality Testing & Maintenance, and Apparatus Accessories, Parts, and Systems.
- TRADE NAMES. // Fire Engineering;Jan2007, Vol. 160 Issue 1, p169
An alphabetical list of fire fighting equipment trade names is presented, including ADAM (Apparatus Deployment Analysis Module) analysis software, Ambulance Commander produced by Digitech Computer Inc., and American Breathing Air complete stationary and mobile SCBA charging system, manufactured...
- Keiser Force machine simulates forcible entry for fitness training. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;5/21/2013, p7
The article previews the Keiser Force simulated forcible entry-chopping device developed specifically for the fire service.
- Remember Your "BRIEFCASE". Hittle, Samuel // Fire Engineering;Sep2007, Vol. 160 Issue 9, p28
The author reports on ways in which fire fighters can prepare themselves to be part of a rapid intervention team (RIT). Several pieces of equipment which the author feels that RITs need are discussed, including air, a search rope, a camera and access to elevation. The author feels that RIT...
- Minnesota fire department to continue international relationship. Dostal, Jeremy // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p10
The article reports that the Fire Department of Dodge Center, Minnesota will continue its relationship with the International Fire Relief Missions (IFRM), which assists emergency service agencies in developing countries by providing them with donated equipment and training individuals on the...
- Excess Property Develops a Dual Identity. Mannelin, Gene // Minnesota Fire Chief;May/Jun2006, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p26
Describes two programs that can provide vehicles and equipment to fire departments in the U.S. Federal Excess Property Program (FEPP); Department of Defense Firefighters Equipment Program (DOD); Way to acquire FEPP or DOD equipment and vehicles.
- Unmanned aerial vehicles - from buckets to drones. Streich, Jerry L. // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2015, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p18
The article offers the author's views on the benefits of using unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) for fire fighters. The author categorizes UAVs into three types, namely consumer, professional, and tactical, as well as explains the operation of UAVs. Some of the key uses of UAVs with vertical...
- PRODUCTS/SERVICES/MEDIA. // Fire Engineering;Sep2013, Vol. 166 Issue 9, p97
Evaluations are presented of fire extinction equipment and equipment for fire fighters including the 3AA Propolymer Hazlo-Helmet Lighting Kit from Streamlight, KGloves protective gloves from Bionic Gloves and the Chameleon Arson Investigation Kit from Morphix Technologies.