Point & Click
- Art Hazards Information Center. // Artist's Illustrated Encyclopedia;2001, p31
Information on the Art Hazards Information Center is presented. It is an organization that gathered information about hazardous materials until 1996. Information gathered by this organization may be found at the Center for Safety in the Arts on the Internet at the website...
- First-Due Companies at Hazardous Materials Incidents. CHANDLER, JEFF // Fire Engineering;Nov2010, Vol. 163 Issue 11, p95
The article discusses the handling of hazardous material situation when a firefighter is called for a rescue. The priorities of the first responder include stabilization of the incident, safety and conservation of property. The firefighter should observe the behavior of the public at the scene...
- MANAGING HAZ MATS IN AN ERA OF COUNTERTERRORISM. Moses, Thomas // Fire Engineering;Aug2002, Vol. 155 Issue 8, p128
Focuses on the management of hazardous materials in the U.S. Regulation governing the transportation of hazardous materials; Information on the electronic system for response management; Benefits of electronic emergency response management system on government regulatory authorities.
- Eyewash...mouthwash...any wash will do. Hanley, Craig B. // Fathom;Dec94-Feb95, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p4
Presents cases demonstrating the importance of the proper handling of hazardous material in the United States Navy. Inadvertent introduction of PRC sealant into a sailor's eye due to an improper method of opening the container; Accidental drinking of paint thinner from an unlabeled container.
- What you don't know can hurt you. Testorff, Ken // Fathom;Dec94-Feb95, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p25
Demonstrates the importance of disseminating information regarding the presence of hazardous material. Accidental introduction of monoethylamine into the eyes of an unwary naval personnel after touching the leaking substance.
- Technology is an essential element of safety and asset management. Price, Kevin // Plant Engineering;Oct2013, Vol. 67 Issue 8, p46
The article focuses on the importance of technology for the improvement of safety and asset management in the U.S. It states that the safety management includes identifying hazardous activities, materials, and situations, and delivering a method to meet government regulations and to protect...
- Simplifying safety. Searing, Nate // Inside Tucson Business;7/19/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 55, p1
Features Tucson, Arizona-based MC Technologies, a firm specializing in hazardous materials management. MAXCOM electronic database system that organizes the sheets and helps train employees on how to quickly access critical information; Efforts of the company to assess, organize and update its...
- Chemical data notebook Series #116: Butyraldehyde. Fire, Frank L. // Fire Engineering;Jun96, Vol. 149 Issue 6, p122
Describes the properties and characteristics of butyraldehyde identified as a very hazardous chemical. Comparison of butyraldehyde with the other three hydrocarbon derivative compounds or aldehydes; Flammability; Nonfire release hazards; Mitigation techniques for butyraldehyde damage during...
- West Virginia Funeral Directors to hold All Hazards Management Symposium. // Funeral Home & Cemetery News;Mar2012, pA43
The article offers information on the Eleventh Annual All Hazards Management Symposium to be held from April 10 to 12, 2012 at the Tri-State Fire Academy in Huntington, West Virginia.