- Simplify cell control for high volume parts. // Modern Machine Shop;Feb95, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p164
Presents information on LeBlond Makino Machine Tool Co.'s control system designed for the high volume, low variety production needs of automotive suppliers. Features; Applications; Manufacturing advantages for machine shop operators; Contact information.
- Program Delays Hurt Suppliers, Too. Kobe, Gerry // Automotive Industries;Jul2001, Vol. 181 Issue 7, p11
Discusses how program delays affect automotive suppliers. Importance of volume production to automotive suppliers; Investment of automotive suppliers in hydraulic power steering systems; Impact of product program delays on the capacity planning of business enterprises.
- Computer age. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Mar1998, Vol. 110 Issue 3, p50
Presents developments in software technology for applications in automotive manufacturing and production. Includes IBM's release of ProductManager Version 3, Release 2; Cycle Software's addition of TrueDate Kernel to its LiveData Server; Manufacturing Data Systems Inc.'s OpenCNC control software.
- New Products. // Automotive Industries;Nov99, Vol. 179 Issue 11, p96
Features several products in automobile industry. OnDemand Licensing software from MSC Software Corp.; ES-100 Epoxy compounds from Thermoset, Lord Chemical Products; 48V Compact Fuse electronic equipment from Pudenz.
- IN GEAR. // Automotive Design & Production;Jan2002, Vol. 114 Issue 1, p60
Features several products pertinent to automotive design and production. Robot cell resistance welder electrode force gauge from Huntington Fusion Techniques Limited; PrescientQA 4.1 quality data management software suite from PlanetCAD; Quick Vision Ace model 250 3-D measuring system from...
- Keep Your Eyes on the Road. Amadio, Jill // Entrepreneur;Apr2002, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p26
Provides information on the high-technology data collecting devices for the automobile industry. Crash-Sensing and Diagnostic Module; Internet Location Manager (iLM) from Road Inc.; Capabilities of the devices; Cost of iLM.
- In Gear. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Sep2000, Vol. 112 Issue 9, p88
Features several equipment for automobile production. Detector 0-40 in-process-gage for true diameters of car parts from SPC Innovations; H-15 Series 06A machining center from Cellular Concepts; MC 16/25/26 series of compact machining centers from Heller Machine Tools.
- Rapid dilemmas. Hargreaves, Ben // Professional Engineering;Nov2014, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p51
The article presents views of several professionals from different technological firms whose technological products have been showcased in the TCT additive layer manufacturing show case on the future of the additive manufacturing industry. Topics discussed include manufacturing automotive parts...
- Fine turn out. Clarke, Charles // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Jul/Aug2004, p53
Focuses on the machine tools and processes used in automobile manufacturing. High-speed milling (HMC) of forging dies by TRW Automotive; Benefits of HMC to TRW; Powertrain manufacturing system by Ford; Elements of Ford's system.