Blurring Links in the Supply Chain
- What every CEO should know about logistics. // Asian Business Review;Mar1997, p30
Focuses on the importance for chief executive officers to understand the concept of logistics and how it applies to business. Use of logistics to improve finance, marketing, sales and manufacturing arms of a company; Definition and components of logistics; Views of several company executives on...
- By the Numbers. // World Trade: WT100;Jan2011, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p14
The article lists the top 15 countries that have best logistics including Germany, Singapore, and Sweden.
- By the Numbers. // World Trade: WT100;Nov2011, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p14
No abstract available.
- Keepin' it movin'. Bell, John // Industry Week/IW;1/22/96, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p31
Discusses business logistics strategies in the United States and in Canada. Definition of logistics; Supply-chain improvement; Achievement of total supply chain quality through improved operations planning; Use of decision-support information technology; Role of logistics in business operations.
- BREAKING NEWS. // Motor Transport;4/19/2010, p1
The article offers news briefs related to business logistics in Great Britain in 2010, including the bankruptcy of TAL Logistics Group and the appointment of David Croome as chief executive officer (CEO) of Kent Corp.
- Southeast Regional Breakdown. // Transportation & Distribution;Mar2002, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p28
Presents a list of the most logistics-friendly cities in the southeast region of the U.S., according to a research conducted by 'Transportation & Distribution' and 'Expansion Management' magazines. Savannah, Georgia; Nashville, Tennessee; Jacksonville, Florida; Atlanta, Georgia.
- The obstacle race to market. Wheatley, Malcolm // Management Today;Nov96, p97
Focuses on the logistics trends with emphasis on urging managers across the supply chain towards trade autonomy for efficiency. Effects of implementation of right logistics; Worldwide level supply chain integration; Development of postponement centers; Outsourcing function to a partnership...
- Quality logistics: A key competitive advantage. Inglis, Paul F. // Canadian Business Review;Summer92, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p29
Focuses on quality logistics, the companies' ability to execute key business processes that deliver to the customers the value and quality that they promise. Services that add value to customers' business; Definition of logistics; Gaps between suppliers' perception and customers' expectations;...
- Logistics and technology: Briefs. // Traffic World;7/29/96, Vol. 247 Issue 4, p50
Reports on business logistics developments in the United States as of July 29, 1996. Provision of outbound logistics services to Lehigh Furniture Co.'s manufacturing facility in Florida; Installation of a new voice switching and control system at Federal Aviation Administration; Release of PC...