Building in the DIGITAL WORLD
- CAD system in ZAO IPN. Mirkin, A. Z.; Kapylov, P. A. // Oil & Gas Technologies;2012, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p60
The principles of development and implementation of CAD systems in ZAO IPN, its structure and current state are described. The software included into the system is listed, the problems of software integration are considered.
- Autodesk launches linked 3D software package for process plant. // Professional Engineering;9/23/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p44
The article reports on the launch of a design package for process plants that links into its standard AutoCad mechanical design software by Autodesk Inc. in Europe. It states that the AutoCad Plant 3D is intended for computer-aided design (CAD) users who need to design plant only sometimes....
- APPLIED SOFTWARE AUTHORIZED TO SELL AUTODESK PLANT DESIGN. // CAD/CAM Update;Feb2011, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p1
The article reports that Applied Software, a recognized Autodesk Value-Added Reseller based in Atlanta, Georgia, has become an authorized seller of Autodesk Plant Design Suite. The set helps plant designers enhance communication, accuracy and predictability of plant designs by combining...
- FAST, ACCURATE FACTORY DESIGN. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;05/24/1999, Vol. 242 Issue 20, p16
Reports the development of the advanced stimulation software VR-Fact! to improve the accuracy of factory design and construction in Buffalo, New York. Advantages of using VR-Fact!; Features of the software; Evolution of the software's concept; Budget allocation for the project; List of sponsors.
- today's plant and piping programs. Godlberg, Edward // Cadalyst;Dec2002, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p40
Features the process plant design software from several companies. Usability of the CADPIPE series of products from AEC Design Group; Design of the intelligent piping program from Bentley Systems; Variety of products offered by COADE CADWORX.
- Preventive Plant Design. Blum, James // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/16/2010, Vol. 265 Issue 5, p39
The article focuses on a new interface between the SmartPlant and SmartMarine rules-based design solutions of Intergraph and FLACS explosion analysis software of GexCon which, according to Tom Fiske of ARC Advisory Group, can help plant designers increase productivity and improve safety before...
- CAD's final frontier. LoPiccolo, Phil // Computer Graphics World;Apr98, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on the prospects for the use of computer-aided design (CAD) in creating three-dimensional simulations of large factories. Features of the Daratech Plant Design conference in Houston, Texas; Challenges in creating simulations of factories; Obstacles to the adoption of CAD in making...
- CADWorx 2010 plant design now compatible with AutoCAD 2011. // Food Manufacture;Jul2010, Vol. 85 Issue 7, p67
The article offers information the new plant design system of CADWorx 2010 made compatible with AutoCAD 2011, from Integraph Inc.
- Delving Into Details. Sawyer, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/15/2001, Vol. 247 Issue 16, p39
Reports another version of Plant Design System software from the Process and Building Solutions division of Intergraph Corp. in Huntsville, Alabama. Addition of detail of data on welds, connectors and HVAC systems; Invention of another mass annotation tool for electrical components; Price of...