SAE helping to prepare for 21st century manufacturing
- SME seeks nominations for 1997 LEAD awards. // Industrial Heating;Mar97, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p26
Reports that nominations are being accepted by the Computer and Automated Systems Association of the Society of Manufacturing Engineers, for the 1997 Industry and University LEAD awards. Background information on the LEAD awards; How to obtain nomination forms.
- SME plan promotes lifelong learning. // Industrial Paint & Powder;Jan98, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p6
Focuses on the Society of Manufacturing Engineers which made announcements on its second step of its Manufacturing Education Plan. What the plan is geared toward; Plans of the organization; Why the Manufacturing Education Plan was created.
- SME honors eight. // Foundry Management & Technology;Aug98, Vol. 126 Issue 8, p17
Presents information on the eight awardees of the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) Annual Awards on May 30, 1998 in Cleveland, Ohio. Identification of the awardees; Examination of the awards which were given to the awardees; Background information on the awardees.
- SME opens design and manufacturing integration center. // Industrial Heating;Jun97, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p32
Reports on the opening of Design and Manufacturing Integration Center (DMIC) by the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME). Accommodation facility of the center; Features of the DMIC center; Address of the center.
- Injection molding courses planned. // Rubber World;May93, Vol. 208 Issue 2, p47
Announces the Society of Manufacturing Engineers'(SME) offering of courses on injection molding on June 2-3, 1993 and June 15-16, 1993 at the SME International Headquarters in Dearborn, Michigan. Statistical process control for injection molding; Design of experiments for injection molding;...
- Plastics programs explore molding. // Appliance Manufacturer;Mar1993, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p6
Announces the programs `Fundamentals of Injection Molding' on April 20-21, 1993 and `Molding Appliance Plastics Update' on April 22, 1993. Sponsorship by the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) and `Appliance Manufacturer'; Location at the Nashville Airport Marriott; Contact information.
- Engineers group aims to improve worker skills. // Crain's Detroit Business;9/09/96, Vol. 12 Issue 37, p18
Reports on the Society of Manufacturing Engineers' plan to improve the competency of the manufacturing workforce. Identification of engineering competencies needed in manufacturing; Awarding of grant to colleges and universities; Assessment of vocational programs.
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers has more than 70,000 members. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;2/19/96, Vol. 6 Issue 47, p31
Focuses on the Society of Manufacturing Engineers. Membership; Manufacturing Engineering Certification Institute.
- SME chapters have more than 70,000 members world-wide. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;02/17/97, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p36
Features the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME). International membership; Programs and services offered; Contact information.
- SME has chapters in Westchester & Hudson Valley. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;02/16/98, Vol. 8 Issue 21, p36
Provides information on the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME). Launch of the Manufacturing Education Plan that initiates a new grants program; SME chapter in the Hudson Valley.