Get to Know Gen X -- and Its Segments
- SPENDING TRENDING. Reynolds, Christopher // American Demographics;Apr2004, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p26
Presents the results of a geographic analysis of household spending in the U.S. in 2002. Expenditure categories; Indication of the spending pattern; Competition between Generation X and Baby boomer population.
- Hot Stuff. Griffin, Cynthia E.; Neal, Victoria // Entrepreneur;Dec1999, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p74
Examines the 1999 consumer trends in several demographic groups in the United States to determine opportunities for small businesses and entrepreneurs for 2000. Influence of babies and children on parents' purchasing decisions; Popular activities among teenagers; Consumer categories for...
- One size definitely does not fit in boomer marketing. Johnsen, Michael // Drug Store News;6/26/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p101
The article highlights the baby boom generation in the U.S. According to the author, there is no product that fits all when it comes to boomers due to the fact they come from wide range of life experiences that has molded them into the consumers they have become. As they continue to age, their...
- X marks the spotâ€¦. Youngblood, Yale // GCP&S - Garden Center Products & Supplies;Jun2006, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p10
Provides information on a report from Pam Danziger and Unity Marketing, who and which monitor the way people spend their money. Comparison of luxury consumers of the GenX generation and their affluent Baby Boomer counterparts; Break down on the expenditures of GenX consumers, including...
- THE NEXT 25 YEARS. Wellner, Alison Stein // American Demographics;Sep2003 Supplement, Vol. 25, pD26
Forecasts the effects of fundamental demographic trend on consumer market in the U.S. by 2025. Information on the population projection by 2025; Implications of an increase in population on several market segments; Rise of senior market and creation of ageless multigenerational brands; Need for...
- YOUNGER GENERATION LIKES DEBIT. // CardLine;9/23/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 38, pN.PAG
The article discusses the payment methods preferred by the Generation Y according to a panel of retail and banking experts who spoke at eCheck 2005. Debit card transactions represent around 74% of all transactions made by Generation Y consumers, less than 70% by Generation X, a little more than...
- The Mighty Baby Boomers. O'Connor-Grant, Colleen // Money Management Executive;7/7/2008, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p7
The article highlights the "Tiburon Consumer Wealth Research Report" which found that Baby Boomers comprise half to three-quarters of the clients of fee-based advisers and independent representatives in the U.S. The report also revealed that there are five million consumer households currently...
- Rise and fall of generations. Dortch, Shannon // American Demographics;Jul96, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p6
Discusses the demographic trends surrounding generations in the United States. Predicted decrease in the number of baby boomers; Profile of the baby-bust generation; Life expectancy factor
- But What About Gen Xers Who Manage Boomers? Adams, III, John T. // HR Magazine;Dec1999, Vol. 44 Issue 13, p8
Focuses on Generation Xers who manage baby boomers. People who are considered belonging to Generation X; Overview of a letter on Generation Xers; Suggested books about understanding Generation Xers.