Arcwave Extends Access to CableOne
- Sina.com to deliver WAP content to Chinese. // RCR;05/22/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p34
Reports that Sina.com has signed separate memoranda of understanding agreements with L.M. Ericsson, Motorola Inc. and Siemens to deliver content to wireless Internet consumers in China using Wireless Application Protocol technology.
- Alltel hires Motricity in move to increase data revenues via Fuel platform. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;3/27/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p4
The article reports on the deal entered into by Alltel Corp. with Motricity Corp. so as to increase its data revenues via Fuel platform in the U.S. in 2006. Under the agreement, Motricity will be delivering content and wireless Internet service to the operator's subscribers regardless of device....
- Telesp begins WAP services. // RCR;07/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p36
Focuses on Brazil-based wireless carrier Telesp Cellular's introduction of Internet access services based on the Wireless Application Protocol.
- WASPS WRESTLE with limited technology. McKenna, Ted // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jan2001, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p36
Reports the capabilities and limitations of consumer wireless application service providers (WASP). Information on WASP data and Internet access services; Reasons for consumer disappointments on the service; Benefits of WASP to businesses; Implication of competition and consumer demand for...
- Remuneration During Migration. Marwaha, Samir // Wireless Review;04/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p42
Reports on the Internet service providers that are migrating toward 2.5G and 3G technologies which provide the bandwidth essential for offering potentially lucrative data services. Network infrastructure demanded by many wireless-service providers; One of the biggest challenges associated with...
- Wireless Net devices gaining in popularity. // Indianapolis Business Journal;06/30/97, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p23
Reports on the growing number of companies offering wireless electronic mail (e-mail) and Internet services in the United States. Ardis Inc.'s provision of wireless e-mail to more than 70,000 corporate users; RAM Mobile Data's provision of Interactive Pager; Metricom Inc.'s offer of unlimited...
- GiantBear.com forms agreement. // RCR;06/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p22
Reports on agreement signed by wireless Internet application service provider GiantBear.com with Hollywood.com Inc. to serve as centralized Web-to-wireless application provider for Hollywood.com's wireless expansion.
- Data changes everything. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;05/29/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 22, p40
Reports on the move of the wireless communication industry to offer voice and data services to consumers. Partnership between the Internet and wireless industry; Factor to be considered by carriers before testing voice and data; Impact of the lack of a definite standard on the industry's...
- Making IP bills pay. Clark, Robert // Telecom Asia;Apr2000, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p38
Focuses on the establishment of real-time billing services by wireless Internet service providers in Asia. Technology challenges recognized by providers before developing billing solutions; Price structure influencing the viability of such services.