HSN Punches Up Shopping by Remote
- HSN allows consumers to shop by remote. D'Innocenzio, Anne // Marketing News;9/15/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 15, p47
The article provides information on the shop-by-remote interactive television service launched by the home shopping network HSN in the U.S. The service began testing in Hawaii in 2005. Moreover, the service allow digital cable customers to purchase any item on HSN using their remote control....
- HSN, GoldPocket click on interactivity. // CED;May2005, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p18
Reports that HSN Inc. has partnered with GoldPocket Interactive to build an interactive television service which runs on a wide range of cable platforms. Role in enabling viewers to purchase products via the remote control; Claim that shopping is probably one of the suitable applications for...
- ITV. // CableFAX Daily;11/16/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 223, p1
The article offers news briefs on interactive television as of November 2005. There has been reports that some households in Green Bay, Wisconsin have been testing an interactive fantasy football application. Tandberg has completed its acquisition of GoldPocket Interactive for $80 million.
- GoldPocket Cuts Through ITV Clutter. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;5/14/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p47
Reports the decision of GoldPocket Interactive to embark in the interactive-software business in the United States. Efforts of the company to venture into cable television programs; Creation of a national distribution system; Development of EventMatrix software to create interactive applications.
- GoldPocket Keeps TV Shows, Web In Sync. // Multichannel News;5/14/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p50
Focuses on the software developed by GoldPocket Interactive for television programs in the United States. Development of the Management Framework software; Applications function of the software; Capability of the software to route traffic.
- Planning ahead. Whitney, Daisy // New Media Age;4/7/2005, p23
This article reports on an interactive workshop hosted by U.S. media agency Carat in March 2005 aimed at bringing together advertisers and technologists to discuss the opportunities for interactive TV advertising. While interactive advertising spend remains tiny in the U.S., pockets of...
- TRUTH ABOUT 'TWO-SCREEN' ITV. Swann, Phillip // Television Week;3/24/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p19
Reports on the move of Goldpocket Interactive to launch an interactive television that will enable television viewers to use their cellular telephones to participate in polls and games. Other non-television devices that can be used to interact; Potential of the technology; Comment on the...
- Tandberg strikes interactive gold. // CED;Dec2005, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p10
The article reports that Tandberg Television has signed a deal to acquire GoldPocket Interactive Inc. in a cash and stock transaction valued at $78.5 million. GoldPocket develops and markets iTV software creation and management platforms for service operators and content providers. It is...
- GoldPocket Puts Products in Hot Spot. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;10/3/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p20
Focuses on the decision of GoldPocket to deploy a hotstopping technology that can be integrated into programs that can allow viewers to click on products in the show for more information. Capabilities of a hotstopping technology; Goal of the company in deploying the technology; System...