Watch Your Mouth for Profanity Insanity
- Letter from the Editor. Stowe, Jay // Cincinnati Magazine;Dec2009, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p26
The article presents the author's comments on his habit of swearing and cursing. He says that he was brought up in a respectful household where swearing or blasphemy was forbidden. According to him, swearing was considered as a sin in his house, but by the high school, he became an avid surveyor...
- Swearing and s. 5 of the Public Order Act 1986. Broadbent, Graeme // Journal of Criminal Law;Apr2013, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p98
The article discusses the court case Harvey v. DPP, in which the defendant Harvey was accused of swearing and was warned by a police officer. The defendant allegedly kept swearing and was then arrested and subsequently charged and convicted of an offence under section 5 of the Public Order Act...
- WHAT'S WITH MY LIFE? Burns, Jim // Campus Life;Jun/Jul2005, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p24
Provides advice on personal problems. Biblical reference to finding the right group of friends; Considerations before going out with a non-Christian friend; Clarification on what the Bible say about cussing.
- A SALTY LUNCH. Higbee, Paul // South Dakota Magazine;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p76
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of hearing cussing in South Dakota.
- Curses! Martin, Guy // Men's Health;Dec96, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p62
Presents seven rules on cursing. Includes emphasis on creativity; Use of offensive language only when one has a calculated intention to offend; Gender inequality in cursing; Cursing in front of women or with them; Avoidance of whispering curses.
- Untitled. // America;5/28/1910, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p184
The article advises tourists who plan to visit England to refrain from uttering strong language to Ivybridge in Devonshire to avoid suit. According to the article, a collision happened in Devonshire between a gentleman riding a bicycle and two ladies in a carriage. The gentleman's collar bone...
- Curse Words For Classy Families. Vittachi, Nury // News India Times;10/9/2015, Vol. 46 Issue 41, p3
In the article, the author discusses issues in parenting in India as of October 2015, particularly the curse words being learned by very young children because parents are breaking their own anti-cursing rules, themselves.
- Dirty Words. Valenzuela, Luisa // Review of Contemporary Fiction;Fall99, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p81
Presents an opinion with regards to dirty words in writing. Description on swearwords; Difference of a spoken word from a written word; Interpretation on the art of using dirty words in writing.
- Curses! Strand, Erik // Psychology Today;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p80
Focuses on the debate on the use of foul language in cable television programs in the U.S. Rate of use of offensive language on network television; Possible influence of using offensive language in television shows on children; Importance of using curse words, according to Timothy Jay, a...