Dish Says It Won't Need Restatements
- DBS stock prices are up in the air. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;04/28/97, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p6
Focuses on the value of direct broadcast satellite (DBS) stocks, as DBS operators met for the Satellite Broadcasting and Communications Association's semi-annual SkyForum conference in New York the week beginning April 27, 1997. Performance of DBS stocks in fall 1996; What the performance of...
- EchoStar in legal trouble over distant signals. Hatch, David // Electronic Media;11/16/98, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p73
Reports on broadcasters' lawsuit against EchoStar Communications for allegedly offering ineligible customers distant network signals. Industry's related suit against PrimeTime 24, a provider of satellite TV programming packages; Challenge against EchoStar filed by ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox.
- DirecTv Fires Back At EchoStar Suit. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/27/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the lawsuits filed against each other by United States-based satellite television companies DirecTV and EchoStar as of March 27, 2000. Case background; Lawsuits' allegations.
- Dish dealer drama. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;02/07/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the antitrust lawsuit filed by Echostar Communications Corp. against direct broadcast satellite firm, DirecTV Inc. Exclusive deals with consumer electronic retailers as the center of the rivalry; Background of how the legal conflict started.
- MOUSE FLIPS BIRD. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;1/2/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 22, p1
Reports on a restraining order granted to Walt Disney to prevent EchoStar from following through on its threat to drop ABC Family from its satellite. EchoStar's proposed merger with DirecTV; Number of viewers that Disney would lose if EchoStar drops ABC Family; EchoStar's claim that it needs...
- `Rocket Man' touts dish prospects. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;02/28/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p1
Reveals the factors credited for EchoStar Communications Corp.'s share price increase. Includes partnership with Gilat Satellite Networks Ltd. to deliver two-way Internet access and video to a single satellite dish; Elimination of the telephone-return path; Holding of Echostar's 2000 dealers'...
- SKY PERFECTV STOCK BOW A BUST. Herskovitz, Jon // Daily Variety;10/24/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 37, p4
Reports the stock prices at the initial public offering of satellite broadcaster Sky PerfecTV in the Tokyo, Japan.
- It's DBS vs. DBS in suit. Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;02/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the laws it filed by direct broadcast satellite television station EchoStar Communications Corp. against DirecTV Inc. in what experts call a battle for market share. Charges leveled against DirecTV; DirecTV's response to the accusations and counter charges against EchoStar; Comments...
- Marketing muscle. Stern, Christopher // Daily Variety;02/03/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 45, p4
Reports on United States-based satellite television company EchoStar's lawsuit against competitor DirecTV. Case background.