NIMS Center Offers Web Self-Assessment
- Can the Internet help scientists predict (and improve) the future? Overton, Gail // Laser Focus World;Nov2007, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p63
The article reviews several web sites on technology advances, including www.createthefuturecontest.com, www.wirednextfest.com and www.betterhumans.com.
- Mashups mix data into global service. Butler, Declan // Nature;1/5/2006, Vol. 439 Issue 7072, p6
The article reports on the increasing popularity of the mashup, the term used to refer to Web sites that weave data from different resources into a new service. The technology is proving to be useful in plotting data on maps. Observers believe the new service will create fundamental changes in...
- Everything Under One (Virtual) Roof. Farrell, Dawn // Fast Company;Feb2001, Issue 43, p178
Reviews the Web site Apps.com.
- Yahooligans! Games. Ishizuka, Kathy; Junion-Metz, Gail // School Library Journal;Jun2005, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p68
Reviews the web site Yahooligans! Games from Yahoo! Inc.
- Web watch: A social approach to reading. Flintoft, Louisa // Nature Reviews Genetics;Oct2005, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p726
Reviews the educational web site www.connotea.org developed by Nature Publishing Group.
- WEB UPDATE. // Microwave Journal;Sep2004, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p222
The article provides information about various Web sites developed by different companies. The Web site features the electronic design automation software of Agilent Technologies Inc. for high frequency system, circuit and modeling applications. The recently revised Web site is available in four...
- Information skills. Bradnock, Marianne // School Librarian;Autumn2005, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p142
Features several Web sites on information technology skills. Key features and specifications; Range of information offerings; Universal remote locator addresses.
- Convergence in content management. Harney, John // KM World;Jul2004, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p12
For many vendors, content management has transcended Web publishing. Competitive pressure and technological innovation are spurring the convergence of complementary technologies in the form of "smart suites" and of disparate processes via "active documents" Regulatory compliance is also driving...
- Mobile web access tackled. Shifrin, Tash // Computer Weekly;8/15/2006, p12
This article reports that the scientists from the University of Manchester, England, are trying to make the web more accessible from mobile devices. They are conducting a three-year project which focuses on the experience of visually impaired people and technology such as screen readers to...