- Will the revolution be televised? Goth, Greg // Soccer Digest;Nov99, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p50
Focuses on the deal signed in June 1999 between the American Youth Soccer Organization and Fox Sports World and FSW-Espanol, the Fox empire's showcases for topnotch soccer worldwide. Impact of the 1999 Women's World Cup and the grassroots soccer effort in the United States; Major provisions of...
- WUSA scores Turner pact. Tedesco, Richard // Broadcasting & Cable;04/17/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 17, p42
Reports on the deal made by the Women's United Soccer Association (WUSA) to televise its games through Turner Sports. Number of games to be carried by TNT and CNN/sports Illustrated; Rumors that Turner Sports plans to license the games; Additional games to be carried on local cable channels by...
- Women's Soccer League Signs Up TNT, CNN/SI. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;04/17/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p3
Reports on the Women's United Soccer Association's (WUSA) cable agreement with Turner Network Television (TNT) and CNN/SI to distribute a number of games each year. Receipt of additional financing; Formation of eight more teams; Ownership and financing of WUSA by several multiservice operators...
- New sports net in San Diego. SM // Broadcasting & Cable;3/7/94, Vol. 124 Issue 10, p22
Reports on Prime Ticket Network's launching of a regional sports network for the San Diego, California market. Use of General Instrument's signal compression system; Built-in client base with the Los Angeles Prime Network already carried by nine major cable systems in the San Diego market;...
- Split decision on Bowe/Holyfield buys. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;11/13/95, Vol. 125 Issue 46, p84
Reports on cable television network TVKO's pay-per-view coverage of the November 4, 1995, Riddick Bowe-Evander Holyfield boxing bout. Impact of Mike Tyson's withdrawal on the event's buy rates; Industry observers' comments.
- Changing the Game. Kelly, Richard // Broadcasting & Cable;06/19/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 26, p16A
Features CNN/SI, Cable News Network's sports news network. Subscription; Major sporting events aired by the network; Programming strategy.
- The Baseball Network steps to the plate. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;7/11/94, Vol. 124 Issue 28, p18
Reports on The Baseball Network's readiness to begin operations. Production and integration of 14 live simultaneous prime time Major League Baseball games; Logistic challenges.
- Can't pin 'em down. Donohue, Steve // Electronic Media;11/30/98, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p1
Discusses the strategies used by USA Network and Turner Network Television (TNT) to keep their viewers interested to their Monday night lineup after the wrestling shows. Large number of wrestling fans watching the shows; TNT's premiering of `The Adventures of Robin Hood'; Estimated amount of...
- Pac-10 deal with Liberty Sports. // MediaWeek;6/13/94, Vol. 4 Issue 24, p4
Reports on Liberty Sports' renewal of a deal with Pac-10 football for exclusive cable and regional rights to 18 conference games annually beginning in 1995 through 2000. Contract provisions.