Kicking Soccer Ever Higher
- Goodwill Hunting lands nine sponsors. Forkan // Multichannel News;12/06/99, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p60
Reports that Turner Network Television has booked nine major sponsors for the Winter Goodwill Games, due in February 2000. Gillette Co. and Johnson & Johnson as among the sponsors; Estimated value of the event's promotion support.
- VALUE OF THE GAME. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p1B
Examines the relationship between sporting events and the cable industry and the high level of influence each has on the other. Domination of cable or broadcast networks in telecast rights of major U.S. sports; Consistent viewership ratings enjoyed by sporting events; High costs of acquisition...
- Cox Tips Hornets-Centered Net In N'awlins. Umstead, R Thomas // Multichannel News;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p14
Reports on deals of the regional sports network Cox Sports Television, slated to launch on October 28, 2002 with several television networks. Terms of the agreement of the network with the ESPN channel to provide college-sports events and news programming; Plans of the network regarding its...
- Cable bases loading up with new sports webs. Richmond, Ray // Variety;10/14/96, Vol. 364 Issue 11, p39
Reports on developments related to cable television in the United States as of October 14, 1996. Cable networks' launch of sports news channels; Background on the market for sports news channels; Market observers' comments.
- Ganging up on sports fees. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;5/13/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 20, p22
Focuses on the impact of increased sports-programming cost on the cable television broadcasting of sports events in the U.S. Reference to the failure of Cablevision Systems to carry Yankees Entertainment & Sports; Subscribers lost by Cablevision due to the conflict; Involvement of ESPN.
- Court TV. Sparrow, David // Tennis;
Reports on the launching of the Tennis Channel cable network.
- Cameras on the court. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;10/28/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 44, p44
Reports on innovative techniques adopted by sports cable television network ESPN to attract viewers to its National Basketball Association (NBA) coverage in late October 2002. Technology implemented by ESPN to broadcast NBA action; Usage of interactive chalkboard by TNT to help viewers to break...
- All Sports Network fate rides on adequate subs. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;4/12/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 31, p5
Reports on the possibility of All Sports Network not to materialize in 2002 if it fails to reach 25 million subscribers on Day One according to National Basketball Association commissioner David Stern. Joint owners of the proposed cable channel; Proposition made by AOL Time Warner; Optimism of...
- Vermont Operator Balks at Hike, Shuts Out New England Sports Net. Neel, K.C. // Cable World (10427228);1/6/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p10
Reports that New England Sports Network lost an affiliate after Duncan Cable TV dropped the signal in 2003. Number of customers served by Duncan Cable in Vermont; Reason behind the termination of cable services; Speculation on reaction of sports fans to the move.