Logo, MTVN Tap Exec Team
- Herb Scannell, president, Nickelodeon. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/29/96, Vol. 126 Issue 19, p60
Focuses on Herb Scannell's position as president of Nickeloden. When Scannell joined company; Comments from Scannell; Scannell's professional career; Successor to Geraldine Laybourne; First show Scannell helped to develop at company; Scannell's future plans for company.
- Taking Nickelodeon into the new. R.B. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/29/96, Vol. 126 Issue 19, p117
Profiles Herb Scannell, president of Nickelodeon. Scannell's role in developing original programs at company; Performance of Nickelodeon in the game show industry; Ratings of network; Comments from Scannell; Scannell's future plans for company; Background information on Scannell. INSET: Herb...
- So Far, Viacom's Scannell Making The Right Calls for Rebranded TNN. Finnigan, David // Brandweek;06/24/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 25, p16
Presents an interview with Herb Scannell, president of Nickelodeon, TV Land and The National Network (TNN). Concept of the direct one-on-one promotion for TNN; Companies that are ideal promotional partners; Plans for TNN.
- Network challenge. // Crain's New York Business;4/15/96, Vol. 11 Issue 16, p38
Reports that Manhattan-based Nickelodeon, a cable network company is planning to develop an original program for Saturday mornings. Reason for this; President of Nickelodeon, Herb Scannell's reaction to his success.
- Scannell takes top spot at Nick. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/19/96, Vol. 126 Issue 8, p58
Reports on the appointment of Herb Scannell as president of Nickelodeon Networks. Job description.
- Nick's quick study. Dempsey, John // Variety;11/10/97, Vol. 369 Issue 1, p4
Profiles Herb Scannell, president of the cable television network Nickelodeon. Views on former Nickelodeon President Geraldine Laybourne's departure; First-year platform goals as Nickelodeon president; Career in the media business; Factor fueling a shift form marketing into programming;...
- Nick: Ready for big screen. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;2/19/96, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p12
Reports on Nickelodeon cable television network's appointment of Herb Scannell as president. Other network promotions; Duties and responsibilities; Aims for the network; Likely areas for international expansion; Release of the network's first feature film.
- Scannell likely pick for Nick. Robins, J. Max // Variety;1/29/96, Vol. 361 Issue 12, p27
Reports on the selection of Herb Scannell as children cable network Nickelodeon's president. Departure of Geraldine Laybourne to join Disney/ABC; Speculation that Scannell may not be given Laybourne's corporate brief; Development of joint venture with Simon & Schuster.
- CAN THIS MAN SAVE NBC. MASTERS, KIM // Hollywood Reporter;11/24/2010, Vol. 416 Issue 54, p64
The article reports on programming executives Robert Greenblatt who recently joined the television network NBC. It is stated that one of his great skills is the assessment and handling of talent. It is commented that Greenblatt is a very hot piece of executive talent, having transformed...