Art of Succession at A&E
- FAST TRACK. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/13/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 37, p6
Presents news briefs on the television broadcasting and cable television industry in the U.S. as of September 13, 2004. Expected increase in the spot television revenues in 2006; Number of satellites which DirecTV plans to launch by 2007; Promotion of Abbe Raven as president of A&E Television...
- A&E has hammerlock on highbrow. Bernstein, Paula // Variety;02/07/2000, Vol. 377 Issue 12, p27
Covers the reputation that cable network A&E has been developing for exposes and biographies. Comments from Nickolas Davatzes, president and chief executive officer at A&E Television Networks; Goals of the move; Targeted audience; Information on the program `Biography' and `The Crossing'; Emmy...
- A&E unveils digital networks. Petrozzello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;11/16/98, Vol. 128 Issue 47, p56
Reports on the launch of The Biography Channel and History Channel International, digital channels of A&E Networks company, on November 16, 1998. Amount which will be spent by the company to cover the costs of repurposing programming; Plan on the Biography series of the Biography Channel.
- From King's Ring: A Boxing Net. Applebaum, Simon; Umstead, R. Thomas; Haugsted, Linda; Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;8/18/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p4
Presents news briefs on issues pertaining to celebrities and cable television as of August 18, 2003. Plans of boxing promoter Don King to launch a 24-hour boxing channel in 2004; Considerations of television stations in broadcasting programs by California gubernatorial candidates; Plans of A&E...
- Raven to Succeed Davatzes As CEO of A&E TV Nets. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;3/21/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the selection of Abbe Raven to succeed Nickolas Davatzes as president and CEO of A&E Television Networks. Previous post held by Raven in the company; Contribution of Raven to the network's ratings; Description of the network's new series for 2005.
- Master of Arts. Longwell, Todd // MediaWeek;5/25/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 21, special section p1
The article focuses on the cable television company A&E Television Networks. The company was founded as the Arts & Entertainment Network in 1984, and now has a variety of cable television networks including the History Channel. The work of Chief Executive Officer Abbe Raven in helping develop...
- A&E Network. McAvoy // Broadcasting & Cable;10/11/99, Vol. 129 Issue 42, p34
Focuses on United States-based cable television network A and E Network's original television programs as of October 11, 1999. Company background; Titles of programs; Marketing strategies for the programs.
- Cable TV. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;02/08/99, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p12
Presents information on cable television-related issues in the Unite States. Promotion of Ron Schneier as executive vice president of sales at A&E Networks; Strategic alliance between Turner Broadcasting System and Royal Philips Electronics; Agreement between Time Warner Cable and MediaOne.
- TV movies switch to cable. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;10/22/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p10
Focuses on the television broadcasting of movies in the United States. Advantages of the movie broadcasting on cable television networks; Goals of A & E cable network for engaging in the trend; Nomination of the broadcast movie 'Judy Garland: Me and My Shadows' of ABC network in the Emmy Awards.