Comcast Records TiVo Deal
- Second act. Anderson, Diane // Brandweek;4/4/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 14, pSR52
Focuses on the deal of cable operator Comcast with TiVO in which TiVO would provide digital video recorder (DVR) for Comcast's set-top boxes. Estimated value of the deal; Plan of DirectTV to market a competing DVR device from NDS Group; Amount spent by Comcast for advertising in 2004.
- Comcast: OCAP Action in '07. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;1/15/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p24
The article reports on the plan of cable television operator Comcast Corp. to utilize Open Cable Application Platform (OCAP) for interactive television in the U.S. Comcast has partnered with television service provider TiVo Inc. for the development of digital-video recorder (DVR) application....
- Can TiVo Reinvent Itself? Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;12/14/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 46, p12
The article reports on the effort of TiVo Inc. to recreate the company through the help from cable operators in the U.S. It is said that TiVo is the first company in the digital video tape recorders (DVR) business. Tom Roger, chief executive officer (CEO) of TiVo, is making negotiations with...
- Peace on Earth? // CableFAX Daily;4/9/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 68, p1
Analyzes the possible agreement between Comcast and MASN which would combine the DC RSN with Comcast sports channel. Views of Representative Thomas Davis (R-Va.) on the possible combination of the networks.
- A Business Unto Himself. Haley, Kathy // Multichannel News;2003 Supplement, Vol. 24, p4B
Features Julian Brodsky, vice chairman of U.S. cable television company Comcast Corp. Educational and career background; Information on Brodsky's family; Contributions to the company.
- Cox joins Comcast in TiVo guide deal. // CED;Oct2006, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p14
The article reports on the deal that Cox Communications Inc. has made with TiVo Inc., which allows subscribers of Cox video services to select the TiVo navigational system as their guide for digital cable service. Cox joins with Comcast Corp. in adopting the TiVo navigational system. According...
- TiVo Cuts Entry Prices. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;2/9/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p22
Reports on the decrease in the cost of entry-level digital video recorders of TiVo Inc. in February 2004. Original retail price of the recorders; Reason for the move; Leasing fees charged by some cable companies for the recorders.
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);5/12/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p9
Presents an update on the cable industry in the U.S. as of May 2003. Features of an advertising campaign launched by Comcast; Theme of the first Cable Industry Education Summit; Cable service offered by TiVo.
- Comcast Accord Gives TiVo a Lift. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;3/21/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p4
Reports on the partnership of cable television company Comcast Corp. with Tivo to develop a software for its discrete-variable representation platform. Significance of the partnership to TiVo; Background on TiVo; Factors that led to the partnership.