- KPMG secret payout revealed after trial. Schmidt, Lucinda // BRW;12/9/96, Vol. 18 Issue 48, p98
Presents accountancy news briefs concerning Australia for the week of December 9, 1996. KPMG's secret payout to Ian Ferrier; The merger of the Australian Opera and the Victorian State Opera; News about KPMG's move into legal services from national tax chairman Michael Andrew; Proposed changes...
- KPMG launches forensic department. // Accountancy Ireland;Feb2003, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p28
Announces the launching of the forensic accounting department of KPMG in Dublin, Ireland. Response to demand from market for specialist forensic skills; Expert witness services; Fraud risk management.
- Unwedded Bliss. Guevara, Michelle // Latin Trade (English);Oct2002, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p17
Reports on the separation of five U.S. accounting firms with their consulting services. Advantage of the separation for the consulting companies; Rumor regarding the planned name change of KPMG Consulting in 2002.
- KPMG launches initiative to lure top graduates into accountancy. // Precision Marketing;10/17/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p6
Reports that accountancy company KPMG is embarking on an integrated campaign to broaden its appeal to graduates. Title of the campaign; Aim of the campaign to attract graduates to join KPMG; Increase in the diversity of applicants; Offer of career opportunities.
- KPMG restructures for global clients. Thomas, Tony // BRW;04/01/99, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p79
Presents information on accounting in Australia for April 1, 1999. KPMG integrating its global business into two firms, with Australia joining the North and South American grouping; Planned merger of the Canadian arm of KPMG with Arthur Andersen; Comments from KPMG Canada Chairman J. Spencer...
- KPMG fined Â£10,000. // Accountancy;Feb2003, Vol. 131 Issue 1314, p14
This article reports that Great Britain-based KPMG has been fined Â£10,000 by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales for failing to audit the accounts of a company in accordance with the requirements of the Companies Act 1985 and accounting standards. A KPMG spokesman...
- Penalties for PwC, KPMG. // Practical Accountant;Sep2002, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p6
Reports on cases facing accounting firms in the U.S. Settlement of government enforcement actions related to auditor independent violation by PricewaterhouseCoopers; Allegations facing KPMG concerning gross negligence and unprofessional conduct that contributed to the bankruptcy of Orange County.
- Rite Aid under formal investigation. // Drug Store News;11/29/99, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p3
Deals with the resignation of KPMG auditing firm as the official auditor of Rite Aid Corp. because the firm was unable to rely on management representations. Insight into the filings submitted by Rite Aid to the United States Securities and Exchange Commission concerning the disclosure; Details...
- THE BIG FOUR? Kirkland, Joel; Goodale, Greg; Jelinek, Gabor // Prague Business Journal;3/25/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p1
Reports the merger between accounting firms Arthur Andersen Worldwide and KPMG in Czech Republic. Regulatory hurdles faced by Andersen; Solutions to get back the confidence of the clients; Emergence of a different attitude towards auditing.