- File 13. // Knowledge Management;May2002, p36
Reports developments related to knowledge management in Great Britain as of May 01, 2002. Launch of the Quality Mark register by the Department of Trade and Industry; Jon hunting on the knowledge management-enabled Web sites; Need for call center managers to change from a scientific management...
- Å½MOGIÅ KÅ²JÅ² IÅ TEKLIÅ² INFORMACINIO VALDYMO PROBLEMOS IR SPRENDIMO YPATUMAI. Kalibataitė, Gražina // Social Technologies / Socialines Technologijos;2012, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p290
The current article explores one of the traditional management functional areas of enterprisesâ€”human resources management and its multi-component information environments, components. The traditional enterprises, usually manufacturing-oriented enterprises, controlled according to the...
- Getting People to Read. Heyman, Karen // Knowledge Management;Apr2001, p24
Focuses on the strategies of Isaac Kirzner, group senior vice president at ABN Amro North America to persuade people to read corporate information in the United States. Proposal for an electronic solution; Creation of a data management product called Folio; Conversion of widely used documents...
- Defining the contract-based view of firms. Truch, Edward // Knowledge Management;May2002, p20
Proposes an approach that looks to a company's internal and external relationships to define what it is and where it is going. Growing interest in the different forms of business relationship; Role of strategic management in directing firms to achieve and sustain competitive advantage;...
- Information security-risk exposed. Gordon-Till, Jonathan // Information World Review;Sep2002, Issue 183, p10
Discusses the focus of knowledge management which is always on the ways of capturing and organizing pertinent information and knowledge resources. Security risks facing business enterprises; Solutions to information security problems.
- Accentuate the Negative. Buchanan, Leigh // Inc.;1999 Inc. Technology 3, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p15
Analyzes the concept of negative space in knowledge management. How this concept affects the success of a company; Discussion on effective knowledge management; How company product-development teams could benefit from knowledge management.
- Knowledge scheme improves manager performance levels. // Personnel Today;5/21/2002, p4
Reports the success of the knowledge management program of Nortel Networks in Great Britain. Alleviation of productivity and staff performance; Availability of company information in the Intranet; Awareness of the staff on relevant knowledge.
- Knowledge Development. Cohen, Debra J. // HR Magazine;Jan2003, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p112
Deals with the role of knowledge development in human resource (HR) management. Definition of knowledge development in human resource; Significance of knowledge development to HR professionals; Mission of the American Society for Personnel Administration in 1948; Objective of the Society for...
- Storing, Shaping and Sharing Collective Wisdom. Greengard, Samuel // Workforce;Oct98, Vol. 77 Issue 10, p82
Focucses on how companies in the United States can implement knowledge sharing in their workplaces. Benefits offered by knowledge sharing; Advantages offered by knowledge management (KM); Forms of KM; Ways on how human resource departments can take part in KM.