Treading the boards
- NATIONAL REPORTS: Seattle. Kelly, Duane // Dramatist;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p55
The article reports on the residency programs launched by major Seattle, Washington theatre companies, Fifth Avenue Theatre and Intiman Theatre, for local playwrights.
- At the Helm: Training Programs To Put You in the Director's Chair. Shaughnessy, Peter // Back Stage;01/02/98, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p18
Presents information on theater companies in the United States that offer training programs, outreach and fellowship opportunities for theater directors. The Drama League Directors Project; The Directors Co.; Theatre Communications Group. Inc.; Overview of the training programs they offered. ...
- Internships. // Back Stage;04/30/99, Vol. 40 Issue 18, p22
Announces that River Rep, a theatrical company, is in need of intern theater actors and actresses. Qualification for applicants; Schedule of interview for applicants.
- Internships. // Back Stage;05/08/98, Vol. 39 Issue 19, p34
Announces that Shakespeare Theatre in Washington D.C. is seeking for actor and actress interns. Qualification for applicants.
- So Good It's Annoying. RODRIGUEZ, BRIANA // Back Stage (1946-5440);2/19/2015, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p9
The article features the Annoyance Theatre, located in Brooklyn, New York.
- The Gift of Time. // Theatre Bay Area;2010, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p16
The article announces that 27 Edgerton Foundation New American Play Awards were granted to theatres across the U.S. in 2009, based on a report by Theatre Communications Group.
- APPRENTICESHIP AND INTERNSHIP PROGRAMS. Horwitz, Simi // Back Stage West;2/2/2006, Vol. 13 Issue 5, pA4
Provides information on internship programs being offered by several theatrical companies in the U.S. to its hired actors. Subjects tackled in classroom trainings of the Marin Shakespeare Co.; Difference between the apprenticeship and internship programs of the Hackmatack Playhouse in Berwick,...
- Capital Report: Legit Scene Gaining Ground. Eaker, Sherry // Back Stage East;8/21/2008, Vol. 49 Issue 34, p19
The article provides information on the Arts Incubator program managed by the Arlington County Cultural Affairs Division in Virginia. The program, which is under the direction of Norman Kaplan, develops emerging theatre companies and individual artists through the grant of free rehearsal and...
- The Future of Opera. GLOSS, MEGAN // Classical Singer;May2015, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p26
The article discusses the condition and future of opera in Chicago, Illinois. Overview of the history and programs offered by the Patrick G. and Shirley W. Ryan Opera Center at the Lyric Opera of Chicago, which contributed to the development of the most seasoned and promising performers in the...