- Brief Cases. // Management Review;Sep99, Vol. 88 Issue 8, p59
Deals with several cases related to employment in the United States. Information on a suit filed by an Egyptian-born former supervisor against a transportation authority in Los Angeles, California, for unlawful discrimination based on age and national origin; Settlement of sexual harassment...
- SEXUAL HARASSMENT: CAUGHT OFF GUARD. Madkins, Raquel Y.; Crocker, Robert M.; Kahla, Marlene C. // Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies;2015, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p47
The article presents case study on workplace sexual harassment citing reference of hypothetical female human resource manager Paris at the Alternate Treats Inc. warehouse. It mentions that she married to Jacob, who is the warehouse manager who hired Paris. It adds a sexual harassment complaint...
- Help for tortured labor leader. // Progressive;Oct95, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p15
Reports on Guatemalan labor leader Flor de Maria Salguero's fight against sexual harassment and dismissal of workers involved in union organizing. Protection of the rights of women workers; Experience of sexual abuse; Contact information.
- Costly sex harassment penalty. Lissy, William E. // Supervision;Feb91, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p21
Presents a case on sexual harassment by discussing that of the Baker vs. Weyerhaeuser Company. Background information of the case; Award given by the federal district court to the complainant; The court's decision on the case.
- No compromise with sexual harrasment. Dreyer, R.S. // Supervision;Jul92, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p17
Presents a case about sexual harassment at Flagler Pharmaceutical Company. Account on the Clarence Thomas hearing and William Kennedy Smith trial.
- Large award issued in harassment suit. // Christian Century;11/23/94, Vol. 111 Issue 34, p1106
Reports that Denver, Colo. resident Carol Klein has been awarded $690,000 in a sexual harassment suit involving United Methodist Minister Glenn Chambers. Klein's out-of-court settlements with Chambers and the Grace United Methodist Church.
- The dilemmas of sexual harassment. Guangsheng, Bu // Chinese Education & Society;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p29
Presents cases of the sexual harassment of women in China. Sexual assault by strangers; Advances made by superiors; Harassment from family members.
- Court declines sexual harassment issue. Sunoo, Brenda Paik // Personnel Journal;Nov94, Vol. 73 Issue 11, p126
Reports on the refusal of the United States Supreme Court to review the Second Circuit's decision in `Karibian versus Columbia University' sexual harassment case.
- Men pressured and forced into sexual experience. Struckman-Johnson, Cindy; Struckman-Johnson, David // Archives of Sexual Behavior;Feb1994, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p93
Discusses a study of a predominantly heterosexual sample of 204 college men who were asked to report incidents of pressured or forced sexual touch or intercourse since age 16. About 34 percent indicated having received coercive sexual contact; Sexual experiences defined; Psychological...