Leadership dances to its own tune
- APPLIED MATHEMATICS. O'Brien, Stephen // Engineers Journal;Apr2007, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p163
To mark the establishment of an Irish applied mathematical modelling group, centred in University of Limerick, Stephen O'Brien, Professor of Applied Mathematics, Department of Mathematics, University of Limerick (UL) offers some insights into the diversity of a discipline where mathematical...
- Arup wins Pedestrian Bridges Award. // Engineers Journal;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p12
The article announces that the University of Limerick Living Bridge, a project by Arup, won the top award for Pedestrian Bridges in the 2008 IStructE Structural Awards.
- The Irish Perspective. // NZ Rugby World;Jun2011, Issue 142, p85
The article describes the experiences of two third-year students of Ireland's University of Limerick who are completing their eight-month cooperative education requirement with the rugby union team Chiefs in New Zealand. As their course of study is four-year Sport and Exercise Science, they work...
- SPEAKING OUT. Woodman, Ellis // Building Design;2/22/2013, Issue 2049, p7
The article profiles the University of Limerick in Ireland, noted to be the home of the country's youngest architecture school.
- University of Limerick hosts Mid Western Clinical Society. // Irish Veterinary Journal;Nov2010, Vol. 63 Issue 11, p661
The article reports on the Mid Western Clinical Society Wet Lab hosted by the University of Limerick in Limerick, Ireland in 2010, which featured Marie Harty, Member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (MRCVS), Des Barnwell of MRCVS, and Clodagh Hearney of University College Dublin (UCD).
- Patrick Francis Hodnett OCTOBER 15TH, 1939 - JULY 5TH, 2011. // Bulletin of the Irish Mathematical Society;Winter2011, Issue 68, p25
The article celebrates the life and work of Patrick Francis Hodnett, professor of applied mathematics and founder of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Limerick in Ireland.
- 'Putting New Shoes On Traditional Feet'. Bartley, Majella // Treoir;2013, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p40
The article discusses the launching of the Fleadh Cheoil na Mumhan 2013 held at University of Limerick's Plassey house in Ireland wherein university president Don Barry noted that they are proud to host the festival.
- Mumps scare in Ireland reported. // Infectious Disease News;May2008, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p45
The article reports on 18 cases of mumps reported by the Irish Health & Safety Executive in Limerick, Ireland. Students at the University of Limerick were encouraged to obtain vaccines through the Student Health Service. They should be able to receive two doses of the measles-mumps-rubella...
- HAIR WHORLS: THE LATEST. // Horse & Rider;Sep2008, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p24
The article focuses on a research conducted at the University of Limerick in Ireland which linked the horses' favored sides to characteristics of their facial hair whorls. It states that researchers have identified a connection between equine motor laterality, or handedness, and the direction in...