What's on the cards for HR in ministerial new deal?
- Labour starts to spin out of control. Walker, David // Public Finance;
Discusses the implications of the resignations and appointments of government officials in Great Britain for policy and administration. Resignation of Secretary of State for Trade and Industry Peter Mandelson as a personal loss to Prime Minister Tony Blair; Policy revisionism of Mandelson;...
- Painful medicine. // New Statesman;02/05/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 4523, p5
Comments on the resignation of Minister Peter Mandelson of Great Britain. Reason for his resignation from the Labour Party government; Details on the scandal of collecting human organs from dead bodies of children at Alder Hey Hospital in Liverpool, England; Discussion on the issues involving...
- Labor Stumbles in Britain. GELB, NORMAN // New Leader;01/11/99, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p5
Focuses on the impact of the alleged corrupt practice committed by Great Britain Trade and Industry Minister Peter Mandelson to the Labour Party government of Prime Minister Tony Blair. Efforts of Prime Minister Tony Blair to improve the image of Great Britain in world's affair; Discussion on...
- Inflation inquiry committee members named. // Accountancy;Mar1974, Vol. 85 Issue 967, p10
Presents the appointed members of the Government's committee of inquiry on inflation accounting in Great Britain. Appointment of Walter Reid, professor of accounting and financial control at London Graduate School of Business Studies; Selection of Michael Inwards, financial controller of Pye...
- NCS body names new chair. Ricketts, Andy // Third Sector;11/27/2012, Issue 732, p6
The article announces the appointment of Stephen Greene as chairman of the National Citizen Service (NCS) Independent Management Body of Great Britain.
- Bone dries meet the arch-wet. // New Statesman & Society;4/24/92, Vol. 5 Issue 199, p6
Editorial. Evaluates British Prime Minister John Major's new ministerial appointments. How he has tried to balance pro- and anti-Thatcher elements in the past; Evidence of a move away from the right with his selection of Peter Walker, a Tory wet, as the chairman of the new Urban Regeneration...
- New chief Smith takes over at critical time for pensions. Stevenson, Rachel // Money Marketing;6/6/2002, p2
Reports on the expectation of pension experts from Andrew Smith as Great Britain Work and Pensions secretary. Concern of some about Smith's allegiance; Expectation of Norwich Union director of pensions development Jerry Barnfield from Smith.
- Primarolo in line for PFI. Merrick, Neil // Public Finance;
Relates that local authorities in Great Britain are anticipating the appointment of former councilor Dawn Primarolo as Paymaster General. Management of the Private Finance Initiative as one of Primarolo's responsibilities; Primarolo's local government background.
- Foster takes Thomson's role. Harding, David // Public Finance;
Announces the appointment of Wendy Thomson as head of a team that will advise British Prime Minister Tony Blair on public service reform. Background of Thomson; Duties of Thomson as head of the Office for Public Services Reform; Work experience of Thomson; Sir Andrew Foster's assumption of...