Houghton Mifflin Wary On Trade's '05 After 18% Growth In '04
- Roth Imagines President Lindbergh. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;3/8/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 10, p13
Reports on the deal signed by publisher Janet Silver for the book "The Plot Against America," by Philip Roth at Houghton Mifflin Co. Story of the book.
- The Polar Express: A Christmas Classic for 20 Years. Brodie, Carolyn S. // School Library Media Activities Monthly;Dec2005, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p53
Deals with the 20th anniversary in 2005 of the publication of the picture book "The Polar Press," published by Houghton Mifflin in 1985. Number of copies sold by the book as of December 2005; Release of a special 20th anniversary cloth edition of the book; Award given to the book; Overview of...
- 1.2 Million Copies Of The Polar Express Depart For Holidays. // Book Publishing Report;11/1/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p4
Reports that Hilton Mifflin has shipped 1.2 million copies of Chris Van Allsburg's "The Polar Express" for the holidays, intending to take full advantage of the November 10, 2004 release of the major motion picture based on the books in the U.S. Number of copies in print for the title; Licensing...
- the yellow pages. Skirvin, Stephanie // Print;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p24
Reviews the book "The Gourmet Cookbook," by Houghton Mifflin.
- Houghton Mifflin's K-12 Q2 Sales up 14.3% As Overall Revenues Rise 13.5%. // Electronic Education Report;08/30/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 17, p7
Announces the increase in the sales of Boston, Massachusetts-based electronic publisher Houghton Mifflin for the second quarter of 2000.
- Introduction. // Publishing: A Leap From Mind To Mind;2003, pix
The article discusses various topics regarding Houghton Mifflin Co. tackled within the book, including a collection of interviews about book publishing, and a chapter on the efforts of the company to prevent a hostile takeover.
- Vivendi Woes Roil Foreign-Dominated Textbook Sphere. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;10/9/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the sale of a French media company, the educational publisher Houghton Mifflin Co. after its acquisition by Vivendi Universal SA. Reason for the sale of the company; Reason for lesser concern about the foreign ownership of textbook publishers in the United States; Uncertainty over...
- HM gains in '97, cautious about '98. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/2/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 5, p17
Reports on sales at Houghton Mifflin (HM) in 1997 and forecasts for sales in 1998. Increase in 1997 sales; Comments from chairman Nader Darehshori; Sales in 1998 only increasing modestly; Reduced adoption opportunities; Sales in its school division; HM's investment plans for the year.
- Houghton Mifflin projects 10% growth in '99. // Publishers Weekly;5/10/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 19, p28
Reports on publishing firm Houghton Mifflin Co.'s sales projections for 1999. Optimistic sales outlook due to increased adoption opportunities and additional funding for educational and assessment materials; Amount of operating loss sustained in 1997; Acquisition of Computer Adaptive...