Hiding and Seeking
- BAE's Mk110 Naval Gun System Fires for Effect. // Sea Power;Aug2006, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p56
The article features the 57mm Mk110 Naval Gun System, a medium-caliber, multimission shipboard weapon developed by BAE Systems Inc. It has a firing rate of 220 rounds per minute and can rapidly defeat threats out to nine miles, including small boats, antiship cruise missiles and aircraft. Mk110...
- Navy Tells Alabama Lawmakers It Is Sticking With Remote Minehunting System. Fein, Geoff // Defense Daily;6/28/2006, Vol. 230 Issue 62, p1
This article states that the U.S. Navy has rejected a proposal from Alabama lawmakers who had urged the service to buy a French minehunting system, SeaKeeper, to quickly field an alternative to the Lockheed Martin LMT Remote Minehunting System. In March 2006, the Navy determined the RMS program...
- Weapons. // All Hands;Jan2003, Issue 1029, p42
Presents lists of the U.S. Navy's weapons.
- Weapons. // All Hands;Jan2007, Issue 1077, p42
The article provides information on the weapons of the U.S. Navy.
- Navy Sets Sights On All-Weather Bombing. Wall, Robert // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/20/2000, Vol. 153 Issue 21, p59
Reports on the United States Navy's plan to provide its fighters with all-weather bombs and tactical reconnaissance weapons. Prospect of integrating the system on the F-14 airplane; US Navy's operational concept for the synthetic aperture radar sensor.
- Presence with an Attitude! Dimaggio, Kathy // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Oct2000, Vol. 126 Issue 10, p76
Expounds on the land-attack weaponry needs of the United States Navy in the 21st century. Importance of automated data acquisition, management and distribution to achieve targeted firepower; Development of the electromagnetic gun, hypersonic missiles, mission-responsive ordnance and unmanned...
- Naval C41 Systems. Withington, Thomas // Armada International;Aug2008 Supplement, Vol. 32, p28
The article focuses on the naval Command, Control, Computers, Communications and Intelligence (C4I) systems. The functions of C4I are explained along with the commercial off-the-shelf (cots) components integrated to it. The different C4I variations are presented, as designed and produced by...
- Composites advance missile airframe design. // Design News;8/26/91, Vol. 47 Issue 16, p24
Focuses on the design of the U.S. Navy Advanced Interdiction Weapon System, an air-to-surface missile jointly developed by Boeing Co. and Lockheed in the U.S. Composition of the weapon system; Cycle time of the missile; Description of the missile's outer skin.
- AIR MINE WARFARE WEAPONS. // Sea Power;Jan2015, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p87
The article discusses the U.S. Navy's air mine warfare weapons including the Air-Launched Naval Mines; Air-Launched Torpedoes; and Miscellaneous Ordnance such as Cluster Munitions along with information on capability.