All But Two Bond Buyer Indexes Fall, Following Lead of Treasuries
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;1/8/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32543, p30
Several charts are presented depicting bond market statistics including bond index, bond prices, and municipal bond finance.
- Analysis: NYSE Could Be Formidable in Bonds, Too. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;3/20/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p10
Considers the planned bond trading platform (BTP) of the New York Stock Exchange in lieu of its legacy bond platform, the Automated Bond System (ABS). Impact of the BTP on corporate bonds and telephone and request for quote bond trading; Trading mechanism using ABS; Approach that could use BTP...
- Will The Real Estate Bubble Burst? Blackman, Irving L.; Whitlock, Brian // Modern Machine Shop;Jun2005, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p36
Discusses the condition of the U.S. economy. Factors that will contribute to the anticipated recession of the stock market; Reason behind the low prices of long-term rates in the bond market; Benefits of investing in the 30-Year U.S. Government T Bonds.
- Stock And Bond Price Dynamics-Evidence From An Emerging Economy. Venkateshwarlu, M.; Babu, T. Ramesh // International Business & Economics Research Journal;Sep2011, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p93
The motivation for this study is that real stock prices are observed to overreact to changes in interest rates. The real stock prices drop when long-term interest rates rise. It has been observed that bonds and stock prices are typically studied in isolation. The present paper attempts to...
- THE DYNAMIC INTEGRATION OF STOCK AND BOND RETURNS IN AN EMERGING MARKET: EVIDENCE FROM THE SOUTH AFRICAN FINANCIAL MARKETS. Ogum, George // International Journal of Business Research;2009, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p78
This paper examines the dynamic correlation between daily stock and bond returns of South Africa using the multivariate GJR GARCH with DCC framework for the sample period April 1, 1996 through December 31, 2001. We find that the correlation is time-varying and mean-reverting. The average...
- Market Gets Breather with Next Week's Smaller Slate. Barnett, Chip // Bondbuyer.com;8/28/2015, p1
The municipal bond market will clear the decks Friday ahead of next week's lighter new issue calendar.Ã¼
- DE-RISK OR RE-RISK? BONDS VS EQUITIES. McClintock, Mark // Accountancy Ireland;Dec2011, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p48
The article focuses on the impact of a move to bond markets on the pension schemes in Great Britain. It says that although the bond price increase may seem to offset the falls of the equity market at first, it can still provide disadvantage into the pension schemes. It mentions that the cost of...
- Anomalies drive bond markets. // Money Marketing;7/21/2005, p21
Reports on the creation of value opportunities in the bond markets brought about by the rating downgrades of General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Co. in Great Britain. Impact of the anomalies on the bond market; Use of cash reserves to take advantage of buying opportunities; Concerns over the...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;1/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32054, p36
This article presents charts providing information about various indicators in bond market. Some of the indicators, short-term tax-exempt yields, U.S. securities prices, bond buyer index, and others.