Brownback to Chair Appropriations Panel
- Kan. Gov. Sam Brownback. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;12/10/2014, pA02
Kan. Gov. Sam Brownback, a Republican, detailed a plan to close a $279 mil budget gap stemming from lower revenues and higher spending on schools and Medicaid. The state will cut its pension payment, tap transit funds and curb agency spending.
- COP Proposing New Tax Code Bill. Duff Barnett, Susanna // Bond Buyer;5/25/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31891, p2
Reports that Republican senators have re-proposed legislation that would eliminate the Internal Revenue Code in the United States on December 31, 2007. Features of the alternative tax code proposed by Senator Sam Brownback of Kansas; Senators sponsoring the bill; Estimated amount spent by...
- KANSAS: Brownback Hedges on Tax. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/16/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33797, p9
The article reports that the Kansas Governor Sam Brownback is planning to decrease the individual's sales tax rate due to the revenue losses.
- Kansas Shifts $123M as Revenues Fall. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;11/12/2015, p42
The article focuses on the decision of the governor of Kansas Sam Brownback for reducing expenditures since the state revenue estimates are below average including budget director Shawn Sullivan 's estimation that reducing expenses on medical, pension and bond debts will help overcome the deficit.
- Rising stars. Novak, Robert D. // National Review;12/23/1996, Vol. 48 Issue 24, p39
The article features several rising U.S. conservative leaders who could run for the Republican presidential nomination in 2000. Senator Sam Brownback of Kansas is a farm boy turned lawyer who served as secretary of the Kansas Board of Agriculture. University of California Regent Ward Connerly...
- Still Our People. // National Review;12/11/1995, Vol. 47 Issue 23, p92
The article provides information on the new-elected members of the U.S. Congress as of December 1995. In Indiana's second district, Dave McIntosh won an open seat. His experience in Washington and past leadership in the Federalist Society gave him a good political image. Marc Neumann defeated...
- KANSAS: Brownback Urges Freeze. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/17/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33367, p9
The article reports on the proposed budget freeze for state governments by U.S. Senator Sam Brownback.
- WASHINGTON, D.C.: Kansas senator says 'fruits' comment not a joke about gays. // Gay & Lesbian Times;2/9/2006, Issue 946, p31
The article reports on the clarification made by Republican Senator Sam Brownback, a potential presidential candidate about his use of the word "fruits" in a recent interview with "Rolling Stone" magazine. He said that he does not meant to offend the homosexuals. Brownback issued a statement...
- LETTERS. Willey, Marion; Hagen, Mary; Neilsen, Judy; Gorski, Silvia; White, Darlene; Boudreau, Larry; Dubrul, Robert J. // National Catholic Reporter;4/17/2009, Vol. 45 Issue 13, p24
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in the previous issues including "Brownback Letter Questions Catholicism of Congress Foes," in the March 6, 2009 issue, "There Is No Going Back," by Sandra Schneiders in the March 20, 2009 issue and "Combating Violence," in the...