Louisiana Bond Commission's Agenda Heavy on the Refunding Side
- North Carolina to Refund $61OM, While Georgia Utility Sets $180M. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/15/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32154, p3
This article reports that some of the lowest interest rates the municipal market has seen in 2005 have prompted issuers to move forward with refundings, including the Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia (MEAG) and the state of North Carolina, which will sell on June 15, a total of almost...
- Battery Park City Refunding to Give $232M to N.Y.C. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/23/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31746, p4
Reports on the refunding allocation provided by the Battery Park City Authority to New York City. Permission of the authority to acquire property from New York City; Increase of funding for ongoing projects; Release of fix-rate senior-revenue bonds.
- Purdue University to Offer $74M Student-Fee Backed Refinancing. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;2/9/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33263, p5
The article reports on the 73.6 million dollars of student fee bonds offered by the Purdue University in Indiana to refinance some of its variable-rate debt into a fixed-rate mode. The aim of the University is to lower its market and interest rate risks by shifting into a fixed rate and allow an...
- Financial Structure Effects of Bond Refunding. Riener, Kenneth D. // Financial Management (1972);Summer80, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p18
This article focuses on the effect of bond refunding on capital structure of a company. Bond refunding offers an unlimited opportunity for a company to increase its borrowing. Although increasing debt appear to increase finance through borrowing, there are costs and risk associated with it...
- A Bond Market in Flux. Goodman, Josh // Governing;Feb2006, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p55
The article considers the possible decline of municipal bond issuance in the U.S. in 2006. According to a forecast by the Bond Market Association, the money borrowed by state and local governments will decline in 2006. Furthermore, it is possible that refunding will decline due to the rise of...
- Fitch Negative on Detroit Schools' Limited-Tax GOs Ahead of Unlimited-Tax Deal. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/18/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32176, p40
Reports on the negative outlook of Fitch Ratings Inc. over Detroit Public Schools' underlying limited-tax general obligation rating as it prepares to issue bonds in Detroit, Michigan. Amount of refund bonds to be made by the district for school building and site improvement; Assurance granted by...
- August Volume Up 33%. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;9/4/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31216, p1
No abstract available.
- With Eyes on Low Rates, Mesa, Ariz., Preps $100M Refunding. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/29/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33671, p8
The article reports that Mesa, Arizona will sell nearly 100 million dollars of refunding debt on March 1, 2012 as it take advantage of low interest rates in a recovering economy.
- Austin School District Readies $76 Million to Refund CP. WATTS, JIM // Bond Buyer;8/5/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33362, p4
The article reports that the Austin Independent School District, Texas, is refunding its outstanding commercial paper notes with proceeds from recently negotiated dollars 75.8 million bond sale.