MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, March 17
- Munis Slightly Weaker, Following Treasuries. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/2/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32848, p2
The article reports on the performance of the U.S. municipal market for April 1, 2008. The 10-year treasury note opens at 3.41 percent but closes at 3.56 percent as well as the two-year note which opens and closes at 1.59 and 1.81 percent. Furthermore, economists predicted 50,000 job loss and...
- \Jobless Claims Fall 10,000 to 302,000. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;3/31/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32351, p2
The article reports on the data released by the U.S. Labor Department concerning the state unemployment benefits. It has been reported that the benefits has fell 10,000 to 302,000 in the week ended March 25, 2006. The data shows that the applications figure is below the predicted level of the...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, December 20. // Bond Buyer;12/20/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32033, p2
The article presents statistical information on bond market. The article also includes economic indicators, Government Securities Prices and Municipal Bond Index.
- JGB 10-Year Breaks 2.00%; Heading Higher. // Emerging Markets Monitor;4/24/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p9
Reports on a growth in the value of Japanese government yields in April 2006. Forecast for the growth of the yields; Factors that would contribute to the growth.
- El Salvador: Global 35 Uninspiring. // Emerging Markets Monitor;4/24/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p13
Reports on a tranche of the Global 35 bond by the El Salvador government in April 2006. Value of the government bond; Prospects for the Global 35.
- Munis Flat to Weaker Amid Taxable Losses. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/8/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33463, p2
The article presents a forecast on the municipal bonds market in the U.S. which is deemed commercially inactive as losses in the taxable market pressed on lightly-traded tax-exempts. It is said that taxable yields have been growing and the decline in the unemployment rate has directed signals...
- STATE LOTTERY SALES AND ECONOMIC ACTIVITY. Mikesell, John L. // National Tax Journal;Mar94, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p165
American state lottery sales growth slowed dramatically in the recent recession compared with the experience of the last decade. Evidence from pooled quarterly per capita sates data for lottery states from the end of 1983 through 1991 shows a high real income elasticity relative to other state...
- OUTLOOK FOR NORTH AMERICAN FINANCIAL MARKETS. Mendelsohn, Joshua; Jones, Derek // CIBC Observations;Apr/May2001, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p2
Focuses on developments related to financial markets of North America as of May 2001. Increase in treasury bond yields in the United States; Effect of employment declines and equity valuation on consumer confidence; Forecasts of the Bank of Canada on the economic growth of the country.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, August 26. // Bond Buyer;8/27/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31707, p2
Presents two tables listing various statistical data for the major economic indicators representing the state of the U.S. economy and the movement recorded in the prices of various U.S. government securities as of August 26, 2003. Rise in durable goods orders in July 2003; Rise in consumer...