Chicago Schools Ask Banks To File Electronically and Pay Fee
- A Library First. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;09/17/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31971, p31
The article reports on the establishment and grand opening ceremony of a new library in Julian, California. The library in the rural San Diego County town, California, is the first completed with proceeds from Proposition 14, a $350 million general obligation bond authorization for libraries...
- IPS bond fight in the books. // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/7/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p15A
Reports that Marion County's auditor has certified thousands of signatures in favor of a multimillion bond issue to fund improvements at Indianapolis Public Schools (IPS) facilities. Description of the phase of IPS' capital-improvement plan which calls for renovations in 12 district schools.
- With Districts Seeking $8B, Texas' PSF May Reach Critical Mass. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;10/24/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32740, p36
The article reports on the capacity of the triple-A rated Permanent School Fund (PSF) in Dallas, Texas. It has been commented that with school districts seeking $8 billion of debt in the November 6, 2007 elections, the PSF may reach a critical mass. The Texas Education Agency, which administers...
- MIDWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;6/15/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32154, p38
This article presents information related to supplies across the U.S. Some of the issuers from various states are Chicago GARBS, State Tollway revenue bonds, State RTA GOs, Indianapolis Public Schools, state unemployment revenue bonds, State Highway Commission revenue bonds etc.
- California Religious Schools Turn to Colorado Conduit. // Bond Buyer;12/2/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32270, p40
The article focuses on the plans by California religious schools to issue bonds through the Colorado Conduit. Colorado law authorizes the CECFA to issue debt for out-of-state entities in conjunction with the state. Concordia, like several other California schools with religious affiliations,...
- New England Universities Turn to Bonding to Face Challenges. O'brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/3/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32041, p36
The article focuses on the sale of bonds by the top colleges and universities of New England to meet the challenges. Although New England remains a bastion of top colleges and universities, aging facilities and flat demographics spell particular challenges for the region's schools in the coming...
- Buffalo, N.Y., Schools on Track for $180 Million Deal Through Erie County IDA. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;7/28/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31686, p34
Reports on the deal between public schools of Buffalo, New York and Erie County Industrial Development Agency. Advantages of the deal for public schools; Amount of the deal; Rating of the deal.
- San Antonio School District Preps $106M Issue. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/28/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32079, p5
The article reports that about $64.3 million of the refunding will fix out currently outstanding variable-rate demand bonds, with the remainder being sold for present-value savings. Proceeds from the 2004 authorization are scheduled to finance eight elementary schools, two middle schools, and a...
- LOMA/Member Companies Develop New Financial Services Institute Educational Fellowship Program. // Insurance Advocate;7/14/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 26, p40
Reports on the creation of a new Fellow Financial Services Institute (FFSI) by LOMA and its member companies which aims to meet the financial services education needs of insurance companies that have evolved to multifaceted financial services institution. Objective of the FFSI program; Scope of...