Hevesi Into Erie County Budget Mess
- New York Comptroller Hevesi Calls for State Debt Reform. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;12/21/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32283, p26
The article cites a report released yesterday by New York Comptroller Alan Hevesi. The report calls for debt reform, as state-supported debt has increased from $36.8 billion in 2000 to $48.2 billion this year. Hevesi said that weaknesses in the legislative effort have resulted in the growth of...
- Hevesi: N.Y.'s Troubled Erie County Needs Oversight, Deficit Borrowing. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;6/7/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32148, p1
This article informs that Erie County, New York will need a combination of deeper budget cuts, tax increases, deficit financing, and a state oversight board to avert insolvency as it stares down a $118.5 million gap in its current $1.1 billion budget. New York Comptroller Alan Hevesi said...
- N.Y.'s Hevesi Voices Opposition to Transportation Authority's Capital Plan. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/29/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32000, p52
Reports on the opposition of New York Comptroller Alan Hevesi to the capital plan of the state's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA). Request of Hevesi to officials to reject the MTA's proposed five-year capital plan; proposal of Hevesi to reduce costs through internal management...
- Hevesi OKs Yonkers budget with reservations. Archer, Rick // Westchester County Business Journal;8/30/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 35, p11
Reports that New York state comptroller Alan Hevesi has certified Yonkers' 2004-2004 budget with reservations. Hevesi's comment that the city used one-shot revenues and borrowing; Hevesi's claim that the city lack long-term financial planning; Mayor Philip Amicone's proposed budget.
- Budget gap. // Crain's New York Business;12/18/95, Vol. 11 Issue 51, p26
Reports that New York City's budget deficit for the fiscal year 1995-1996 has been estimated at $504 million by the state Financial Control Board and almost $1 billion by Comptroller Alan Hevesi. Comments of Mayor Rudy Giuliani on the estimates.
- Havesi. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/27/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31893, p4
Reports on the projected deficit of New York City in fiscal 2006 as a result of wage increases at the projected inflation rate that are not offset with productivity savings, according to New York state Comptroller Alan G. Hevesi. Widening of budget gaps by the financial plan of New York City...
- N.Y. comptrollers warn of looming clouds on horizon. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;03/20/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30355, p1
Focuses on the warning by H. Carl McCall and Alan Hevesi, comptrollers of New York State and New York City, on the financial ramifications for the state and city in the wake of an economic downturn. State's failure to develop steps to counter the fiscal effects of market downturn; Estimated...
- City comptroller at forum. // Crain's New York Business;06/09/97, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p24
Focuses on a discussion to be conducted by New York City Comptroller Alan G. Hevesi concerning the city's budget and the local economy. Venue of the discussion.
- New York. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;07/21/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30191, p29
Expects New York City to have a budget surplus by the end of fiscal 1998. Release of a report on the city budget by Comptroller Alan Hevesi; Amount of reserve funds maintained by the city.