Hampton Roads Council Showcases 'Admiral's Quarters' At 'Homearama'
- Teamwork Pays Off. McGrath, J. Michael // Sea Power;May2008, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p3
The article reports on the events putting the Navy League in the U.S. in the national spotlight that highlight the importance of teamwork. The Navy League, with the National Capital Council and national headquarters staff, concluded the successful Sea-Air-Space (SAS) Exposition in March 2008....
- Generous Gifts to NLUS Enhance America's Future. Brandon, Veronica // Sea Power;Oct2003, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p38
Reports on the Navy League's Scholarship Program in the U.S. Objectives of the program; Development of initial funding for the project; Benefits of the program for navy servicemen.
- The Navy League of the United States wishes to thank its Corporate Members for their generous support. // Sea Power;Mar2008, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p100
The article lists the corporate members who gave support to the Navy League of the U.S.
- PUBLISHER'S PAGE. Marfiak, Tom // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Sep2000, Vol. 126 Issue 9, p10
Focuses on initiatives developed by the U.S. Naval Institute to respond to the needs of its younger members and to assist other military professionals. Series for teenage readers included in the institute's bi-monthly magazine 'Naval History'; Details on the Naval Institute Forum Award of 2000...
- THE NAVAL INSTITUTE REACHES OUT. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Sep2000, Vol. 126 Issue 9, p12
Focuses on the Naval Institute's annual awards to Naval Reserve Officers Training Corps' midshipmen and graduates for 2000. Details of the Naval Institute Forum Award; Basis of selecting winners for the Naval Institute Outstanding Graduating Midshipman Award; List of winners from the class of 2000.
- The Navy League of the United States wishes to thank its Corporate Members for their generous support. // Sea Power;Feb2006, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p54
The article presents a list of members of the Navy League of the U.S. for their support.
- Dining Out. // New Yorker;9/17/1960, Vol. 36 Issue 31, p37
The article presents the case of the three nuns, each carrying a small black handbag, who passed at a Mackle Brothers' exhibit of a model Florida home located at the lower level of the Grand Central Station. One of the nuns stopped and led the two others into the side terrace of the house where...
- NLUS Councils Provide Funds and Fun for Sea Services. Vergun, David // Sea Power;Oct2003, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p54
Discusses the Navy League's fundraising groups for sea services. Details of the Providence Plantations Council funds for Naval relief; Donation of Jersey Shore Council for convertibles; Operation Highline of San Diego Council for the armed forces.
- NAVAL SERVICES SECTION. Steiner, Walter K. // Officer;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p30
Reports on the naval services section meeting during the 2003 national convention of the U.S. Reserve Officers Association held in July 2003 in New Orleans, Louisiana. Breakfast leadership meeting; Meeting of committees; Awards.