United Defense's Mk110 Gun To Arm LCS and New Destroyer BOEING
- Handling the Arleigh Burkes--Part Three. Essenhigh, Angus N. P.; Franken, Michael T. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jun2002, Vol. 128 Issue 6, p86
Part 3. Focuses on the handling of the Flight IIA of the United States Navy's Arleigh Burke destroyer. Changes in the design of the ship; Hull and machinery upgrades; Handling characteristics of the destroyer.
- DON Defers Decision On DD 21 Contractor. // Sea Power;Jul2001, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p22
Reports that the United States Navy Department has postponed in 2001 a decision on its land-attack destroyer program. Information on the program.
- Navy's New Ship-Defense Missile Declared Operational. McCarthy, Mike // Defense Daily;12/ 2/2013, p10
The article reports the claim by the U.S. Navy as of early December 2013 that it has deployed its new SM-6 Standard Missile onto the Arleigh Burke-class destroyer, USS Kidd, in San Diego, California.
- FROM OUR ARCHIVE. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jan2008, Vol. 134 Issue 1, p96
A photograph of destroyers of the U.S. Navy being stationed is presented.
- Northrop Grumman-Built DDG Mustin Commissioned in U.S. Pacific Fleet. Burgess, Richard R. // Sea Power;Sep2003, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p34
Highlights the commissioning ceremonies of the U.S. Navy's newest destroyer, USS Mustin. Sponsors of the ship; Commander of the ship; Dedication of Mustin to the family of Navy officers.
- Better Information for Navy Ships. // Signal;Sep2012, p10
The article reports that the Office of Naval Research of the U.S. Navy is creating a universal gateway to allow a single portal for all its destroyers, cruisers and carriers to produce a shared situation display showing an entire common operating picture.
- Power and performance from the sea. // All Hands;Jan1996, Issue 945, p44
Features the United States Navy's Aegis destroyers. Types of Aegis destroyers; Specifications; Weapons systems; Design features.
- Navy's new destroyer takes to the seas. Dane, A.; Pope, G. // Popular Mechanics;Apr91, Vol. 168 Issue 4, p15
Reports on the `Arleigh Burke', first in a brand new class of AEGIS destroyers and maybe the toughest ship in the United States Navy. Specifications; Weaponry.
- Sea Service Notes. Burgess, Richard R. // Sea Power;Apr2002, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p41
Presents an update on the U.S. Navy as of April 2002. Decision to decommission remaining Spruance-class destroyers by fiscal year 2006; Activation of the Navy Electronic Attack Squadron 143; Selection of Master Chief Petty Officer Terry D. Scott as the next Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy.