Nasal smears for eosinophils
- New illness can cause swallowing difficulties. Donohue, Paul G. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;5/28/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 126, p15
A letter is presented concerning the condition eosinophilic esophagitis.
- Oncocytic Angiomyolipoma of the Kidney: A Case Report. Sironi, Maria; Spinelli, Maurizio // International Journal of Surgical Pathology;Jul2003, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p229
Describes a case of oncocytic angiomyolipoma composed of polygonal eosinophilic cells in the kidney. Accumulation of foamy histiocyte-like cells surrounding large globles of acellular membrane-like substance; Focal reactivity for HMB45; Lack of atypical features of the epithelioid variant of...
- Effects after inhalation of (1â†’3)-Î²-D-glucan in healthy humans. Thornca, Jörgen; Beijer, Lena; Rylander, Ragnar // Mediators of Inflammation;Aug2001, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p173
Background and aim: This study was performed to assess the effects of an exposure to a pure (1â†’3)-Î²-D-glucan, a cell wall component of fungi, plants and certain bacteria. Methods: Twenty-one healthy subjects inhaled saline or (1â†’3)-Î²-D-glucan suspended in saline in a random,...
- Eosinopils in Allergic Diseases. Wardlaw, A.J.; Brightling, C.E.; Green, R.; Bradding, P.; Pavord, I.D. // Current Medical Literature: Respiratory Medicine;2003, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p31
Focuses on the role of eosinophils as key effector cells in allergic disease. Biology of eosinophils; Immunopathology of asthma and other allergic diseases; Relationship of eosinophils and disease severity; Eosinophils and anti-inflammatory drugs in asthma.
- An Apoptotic Eosinophil. Dvorak, Ann M. // New England Journal of Medicine;02/11/99, Vol. 340 Issue 6, p437
An image is presented of an eosinophil undergoing the apoptotic process.
- Outbreak of trichinosis near Paris. Bouree, P.; Bouvier, J.B.; Passeron, J.; Galanaud, P.; Dormont, J. // British Medical Journal;4/21/1979, Vol. 1 Issue 6170, p1047
Reports the outbreak of trichinosis in the southern suburban of Paris, France. Symptoms of trichinosis; Increase of blood eosinophil count; Progress on serum concentrations of muscular enzymes; Discovery of parasite in muscle biopsy specimens.
- eosinophil. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p786
A definition of the medical term "eosinophil," which refers to a white blood cell with a lobed nucleus and cystoplasmic granules, is presented.
- eosinotactic. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p786
A definition of the medical term "eosinotactic," which refers to attracting or repulsing eosinophilic cells, is presented.
- hypoeosinophilia. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1132
A definition of the term "hypoeosinophilia," which refers to a diminished number of eosinophils in the blood, is presented.