Nasal smears for eosinophils
- Oncocytic Angiomyolipoma of the Kidney: A Case Report. Sironi, Maria; Spinelli, Maurizio // International Journal of Surgical Pathology;Jul2003, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p229
Describes a case of oncocytic angiomyolipoma composed of polygonal eosinophilic cells in the kidney. Accumulation of foamy histiocyte-like cells surrounding large globles of acellular membrane-like substance; Focal reactivity for HMB45; Lack of atypical features of the epithelioid variant of...
- Effects after inhalation of (1?3)-ï¿½-D-glucan in healthy humans. Thornca, J�rgen; Beijer, Lena; Rylander, Ragnar // Mediators of Inflammation;Aug2001, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p173
Background and aim: This study was performed to assess the effects of an exposure to a pure (1?3)-ï¿½-D-glucan, a cell wall component of fungi, plants and certain bacteria. Methods: Twenty-one healthy subjects inhaled saline or (1?3)-ï¿½-D-glucan suspended in saline in a random,...
- Eosinophilic cellulitislike reaction to subcutaneous etanercept injection. // Current Medical Literature: Dermatology;2006, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p42
The article presents the abstract "Eosinophilic cellulitislike reaction to subcutaneous etanercept injection," by H. Winfield, E. Lain and T. Horn.
- Eosinopils in Allergic Diseases. Wardlaw, A.J.; Brightling, C.E.; Green, R.; Bradding, P.; Pavord, I.D. // Current Medical Literature: Respiratory Medicine;2003, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p31
Focuses on the role of eosinophils as key effector cells in allergic disease. Biology of eosinophils; Immunopathology of asthma and other allergic diseases; Relationship of eosinophils and disease severity; Eosinophils and anti-inflammatory drugs in asthma.
- An Apoptotic Eosinophil. Dvorak, Ann M. // New England Journal of Medicine;02/11/99, Vol. 340 Issue 6, p437
An image is presented of an eosinophil undergoing the apoptotic process.
- OUT OF STEP. Genta, Robert M. // Sciences;Jan/Feb87, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p48
Explores threadworms. Autoinfection capacity of threadworms; Evolution of the threadworm; Behavior of eosinophils.
- Total Absence of Eosinophils in a Patient with an Allergic Disorder. Franklin, William; Goetzel, Edward J. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Mar81, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p352
Presents a study of the total absence of eosinophils in a patient with an allergic disorder. Case report; Materials and methods; Results and discussion; Conclusion.
- Comparison of whole-blood eosinophil counts in extrinsic asthmatics with acute and chronic asthma. Luksza, A.R.; Jones, D.K. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);10/30/1982, Vol. 285 Issue 6350, p1229
Examines whole-blood eosinophil counts in extrinsic asthmatics. Variation of blood eosinophil counts; Ways to interpret eosinophilia of chronic asthma; Consequences of eosinopenia.
- EPO is for eosinophils as HNL is for neutrophils. // Journal of Clinical Pathology;Aug2002, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p601
Reports on the uniqueness of eosinophil peroxidase to eosinophils. Uniqueness of human neutrophil lipocalin to neutrophils; Immunocytochemical staining of inflammatory cells.