Simulation Systems Put Trainer in Every Cockpit
- Laptop schools lead the way in professional development. Stager, Gary S. // Educational Leadership;Oct95, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p78
Focuses on a program in Australia which aimed at providing laptop computers to teachers and school faculty. Importance of computer-related staff development; Need for teachers to connect their computer experiences to constructive student use of computers; Guidelines for successful technological...
- Laptop Lessons: Exploring the Promise of One-to-One Computing. Carter, Kim // Technology & Learning;May2001, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p38
Reports on the implementation of laptpop program in schools in the United States. Average Metropolitan Achievement Test score of students participating in the program; Basic elements essential to the success of the program; Implementation of the program. INSETS: Sample Laptop...
- QUICK HITS. // Remix;Feb2003, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p15
Provides information on several high technology gadgets released in February 2003. Features of the Echo Indigo laptop audio from Echo Audio; Songs posted at the bastardpop Web site; Uses of iPod technology.
- THE LAPTOP CRAZE CONTINUES: CALIFORNIA SCHOOL PROVIDES LAPTOPS FOR ALL ITS STUDENTS. // Curriculum Administrator;Dec2001, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p19
Reports on the provision of laptop computers to students by Animo Leadership High School in Los Angeles, California. Estimate on the cost of the project; Objectives of the program; Usability of computers to students and parents.
- BCST: The Army's Premier Battle Command Systems Task Trainer. Spears, Michael R. // Infantry;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p49
The article looks at the benefits of the software application Battle Command Staff Trainer (BCST) developed by the National Simulation Center (NSC) in response to unit requests for Army Battle Command Systems (ABCS) simulation assistance in the U.S. The BCST transition and mutual capability...
- High-tech exercise tests log support. Kenitzer, Allen // Army Reserve Magazine;Summer97, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p12
Discusses Prairie Warrior 97, an annual Army battle simulation command post exercise conducted during May at Fort Leaveworth, Kansas and Fort Lee, Virginia, using state-of-the-art computer technology. Number of participants in the training exercise; Training concepts being considered; Benefits...
- THE DISRUPTIVE POTENTIAL OF GAME TECHNOLOGIES. Smith, Roger // Research Technology Management;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p57
Modern computer gaming technologies initially provided low-end capabilities for a small niche within the simulation industry. However, over time they improved to the point where they became more powerful than many of the established tools in the field. This disruption is following the...
- TECHNO TOYS. // Fort Worth Business Press;12/19/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 51, p12
Covers information on high-technology consumer products, as of December 2003. Details on the iJoy Turbo Robotic Massage Chair; Features of the HP Compaq Tablet PC TC1100 laptop computer; Description of the Bow Lingual Dog Translator, which analyzes dog's barks to determine its emotions;...
- tech biz. // NZ Business;Jul2006, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p51
Presents technology product update in New Zealand as of July 2006. Norton Save & Restore computer program; 2007 edition of Microsoft Office; Lenovo 3000 V100 computer laptop; NEC VERSA P8210 multimedia notebook.