Studies Aim to Refocus Urban Training, Tactics
- Theirs Is to REASON WHY. Vandergriff, Donald // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Feb2010, Vol. 136 Issue 2, p48
The article presents the author's view regarding the challenges faced by the members of the U.S. Armed Force. It mentions the failures and successes attained by these military personnel and officials in various battles and operations. Meanwhile, it looks at the resiliency of the Armed Force...
- Remedying An Unfortunate Lapse Of Memory. Sinnreich, Richard Hart // Army Magazine;Feb2006, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p10
The article talks about the directives of the U.S. Armed Forces requiring military units to give priority to stability operations comparable to combat operations. Stability operations is the business of establishing and maintaining order in occupied territory. The strategy focuses on how to...
- FROM HERE TO THERE. Liotta, P.H.; Lloyd, Richmond M. // Naval War College Review;Spring2005, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p121
Discusses the significance of strategy and force planning framework to the U.S. Navy. Influence of strategy and force planning on military capabilities; Factors considered by strategist and force planner in making solid strategy and force; Purpose in presenting the theoretical framework.
- S. Korea weighs U.S. proposal for contingency exercises geared to N. Korean collapse. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;2/17/2010, p1
The article reports that the joint military drills have been proposed by the U.S. military with South Korea to cope with a possible sudden collapse of North Korea. A defense official in Seoul, South Korea said that the Defense Ministry and the Joint Chiefs of Staff in the country are prudently...
- Deployment, Sustainment, and the Future. Stewart, Jr., Walter L. // Army Logistician;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p8
Focuses on the importance of operational deployment and force sustainment to the United States Armed Forces. Account on doctrines used for military practices; Implementation of support and sustainment tasks during Operation Joint Endeavor; Use of commercial resources for deployment and...
- Keeping the Strategic Flame. Builder, Carl H. // JFQ: Joint Force Quarterly;Spring2003, Issue 34, p50
Studies changes in strategic thinking in the U.S. military. Strategic thinking since the 1960s; Differences between strategic and tactical thinking; Implementation of strategic campaigns.
- Future Combat Systems. Biass, Eric H.; Kemp, Ian // Armada International;Apr2006 Supplement, Vol. 30, p1
Reports on programmes which aim to improve the combat systems of the U.S., Europe, Sweden and France as of April 2006. Information on the Future Combat System of the U.S.; Focus of European programmes on infantry equipment; Details of a programme run by Sweden aimed at defining a family of...
- Top Priority. Thomas, Jr., Austin K. // Journal of Electronic Defense;May2004, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p12
Comments on the Joint Capabilities Integration & Development System intended to identify and describe gaps in joint capabilities in the U.S. Armed Forces. Establishment of priorities based upon internal and external expectations and goals.
- U. S. Armed Forces Day History: "A Force for Freedom" Mack, Sue // U.S. Stamp News;May2004, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p25
Reprints the article "U.S. Armed Forces Day History," which appeared in the January-March 2004 issue of "The Trans-Mississippian." List of countries that currently have U.S. Armed Forces deployed; Highlights of the Armed Forces Day in May 20, 1950; Information on the events that marked the...