Only Highly Trained Need Apply in Navy's 'New World' of Optimal Manning
- They Still Look Okay to Me. Dickinson, Robert J. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Aug2006, Vol. 132 Issue 8, p46
The article presents the author's comment on the next generation of the sailors of the U.S. Navy. The author, who was the Commanding Officer-Training Contingent of Sea Cadet Basic Airman Training at NAS Whidbey Island, Washington, observed that a group of high school-aged youths were beginning...
- Overseas Screening Discrepancies Cost Time, Money. James, Wm. Cullen // All Hands;Sep2010, Issue 1122, p11
The article reports on the call of the U.S. Navy officials that leaders must improve their screening on sailors for overseas services under the Navy Overseas Screening Program to avoid discrepancies.
- New pre-BUD/S Selection Course at Great Lakes. Van Wormer, Dee-Dee // All Hands;Sep96, Issue 953, p47
The article offers information on a pre-Basic Underwater Demolition/Sea-Air-Land force (BUD/S) selection course by the U.S. Naval Special Warfare Center at Naval Training Command, Great lakes, Illinois.
- Progressive training, traditional site. Anglin, Dolores L. // All Hands;Feb96, Issue 946, p10
Focuses on the coastal town of Newport, Rhode Island as a training site for US Navy officers and personnel. Presence of some of the Navy's largest commands in Newport; Enlistment of senior officers in instructing positions; Newport as a rewarding duty station for junior enlisted sailors.
- Speaking with Sailors. Snyder, John J. // All Hands;Sep2010, Issue 1122, p4
The article elaborates the importance of training sailors of the U.S. Navy for the delivery of effective sea services.
- Local Sailors Embrace Navy's New CSADD Program. Cole, Oliver // All Hands;Sep2010, Issue 1122, p9
The article reports on the support of San Diego, California sailors on the peer mentoring program of the U.S. Navy entitled "Coalition of Sailors Against Destructive Decisions (CSADD), which was introduced on June 24, 2010.
- Learning to Soar. Houlihan, Bob // All Hands;May2002, Issue 1021, p20
Reports on the training of U.S. Navy sailors in the Basic Airborne Course at the U.S. Army Airborne School.
- PREPARING FOR Boots on the Ground. // All Hands;Jul2007, Issue 1083, p14
The article presents an account of the training of U.S. Navy Sailors to fight the global war on terrorism in some of the most hostile regions in the world.
- From OJT to Great Lakes and Beyond. Winkler, David F. // Sea Power;Feb2001, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p21
Focuses on the training being provided by the United States Navy for its sailors. Status of the Navy's manpower in 2001; Information on how the Navy indoctrinate first-time sailors; Locations of the Navy's recruit training facilities.