National Capital Council Presents First Sea Services Award
- Fire and Brimstone. Benson, Robert // All Hands;Aug99, Issue 988, p48
Reports that Machinist's Mate 3rd Class Michael Congdon received the Navy/Marine Corps Medal in May 1999 for saving a man's life. Account of the incident; Details of the award ceremony.
- Navy League To Honor Councils, Recruiters at National Convention. Atkinson, Peter // Sea Power;Oct2007, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p72
The article reports on the various activities in the Navy League. The League has chosen several councils and more than 20 individual Navy Leaguers who will be recognized for their recruitment efforts during a convention in California. The league also hosts a Memorial Day ceremony that honors the...
- True colors. Anglin, Dolores L. // All Hands;Jul95, Issue 939, p24
Focuses on the US Navy Ceremonial Guard. Functions and duties; Recruitment process; Requirements; Preparations for naval ceremonies.
- IRR Muster Scheduled for Summer 2007. // All Hands;Mar2007, Issue 1079, p7
The article reports on the Individual Ready Reserve Muster to be conducted by the Navy Personnel Command (PERS 493) at the Navy Operational Support Center in the U.S.
- Land Sailors paint from the heart. Mack, J. C. // All Hands;Feb97, Issue 958, p45
The article focuses on the "Paint Your Heart Out" event, a beautification project, held in Norfolk and participated by crew members from various U.S. Navy ships.
- FOREWORD BY NATO SECRETARY GENERAL. // Naval Forces;2006, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p108
A foreword to "North Atlantic Treaty Organization's Nations and Partners for Peace," is presented.
- U.S. Naval Funeral Custom Aboard Ship in 1826. Gero, Anthony F. // Military Collector & Historian;Winter2016, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p356
The article cites a story published in "The Spirit of the Times" on February 16, 1827 concerning the painting of a warship's masts and spars black aboard USS North Carolina to honor the deaths of former U.S. Presidents Thomas Jefferson and John Adams.
- Advocates Seek Increased Federal Funding to Bridge the Gaps in Lupus Research, Awareness, and Education. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;3/21/2011, p169
The article offers information on the Thirteenth Annual Advocacy Day of the Lupus Foundation of America (LFA) to be held in Washington, D.C. on March 1, 2011. It says that almost 200 advocates will attend the event as a support for the increased government funding for bridging the gaps for lupus...
- Tar Heel Sub Joins Fleet. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jun2007, Vol. 133 Issue 6, p89
The article presents information on the christening ceremony for the U.S. Ship (USS) North Carolina (SSN-777). It is reported that the ceremony was held on April 21, 2007 at Newport News, Virginia, and was attended by more than 2,500 people. It is stated that SSN-777 is the fourth Virginia-class...