Lockheed Martin Expands Missions for Littoral Craft Concept
- A DESTROYER. Steinbeck, John // Naval History;Feb2006, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p16
The article presents information related to warships. A destroyer is a lovely ship, probably the nicest fighting ship of all. For one thing, a destroyer is small enough so that her captain knows his whole crew personally. The cruisers go in second, but the destroyers work all the time. They are...
- Aegis Opportunity. // njbiz;6/16/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p3
Reports on the contract won by Lockheed Martin to develop and integrate Aegis Weapon System for advanced South Korean warships. Value of the contract; Capabilities of the weapon system.
- PART III: FROM INDUSTRY. // Naval Forces;2005, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p143
The article presents recent updates of U.S. industries related to warships building. The five pilot series U.S. 101 of the initial configuration Increment will be delivered by the Lockheed Martin Corp. led consortium between 2008 and 2009. With a 250 metre range and a unit cost of U.S. 75...
- Vichy and the French Fleet. Morand, Paul Phelps // New Republic;5/4/42, Vol. 106 Issue 18, p601
Focuses on the problems of the French fleet. Discussion on the problem of class war in the French navy; Assertion of the fact that class sentiment is nowhere stronger than in the upper ranks of the French navy; Fascism among officers of the navy; Reference to the French novels that shows how the...
- Li-Wo's Last Fight. Guttman, Robert // Military History;Jan2014, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p19
The article focuses on the last fight of the British warship HMS Li-Wo. In 1940, Great Britain was at war and proper warships needed in more militarily active regions, the Royal Navy commandeered Li-Wo was bolted with an old 4-inch gun to its foredeck, installed a couple of Lewis machine guns...
- When Bombay went up in explosive conflagration. Rajagopalan, T. // Alive;Apr2014, Issue 378, p62
In this article, the author expresses his views on the damage caused by the World War II in India. Topics discussed include the war-vessel led by captain Alexander James Naismith and the issuance of a certificate of grave emergency to a ship that was doomed to explode. Also mentioned are the...
- WARSHIP DOCUMENTATION. // Naval Forces;Special Issue 2005, Vol. 26, p155
The article presents a list of Brazilian naval ships and their year of launching.
- Allocation Of Block Construction Work For The Third Air Warfare Destroyer. // Australian Maritime Digest;Apr2012, Issue 211, p12
The article reports on the announcement of the Australian Government to the allocation of construction work for the 8 billion dollar Air Warfare Destroyer (AWD) ship project.
- Primary Weapon Systems for Naval Platforms. Annati, Massimo // Military Technology;2010, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p82
The article focuses on the condition of naval weapon system. According to the author, several warships are currently used in several low-intensity contingency and non-combatant operations. In addition, these battleships are still used in carrying naval weaponries, though, they are less expected...