As Missile-Defense System Deploys, Some Eye Directed-Energy Options
- Ohio Subs Would Be Best Basing Mode for New Interceptor Missile. Pavlos, John; Hasslinger, Karl // Sea Power;Nov2004, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p20
Reports on the deployment of the new Kinetic Energy Interceptor (KEI) being developed to intercept hostile missiles in the boost and midcourse phases of the attack in the U.S. Capability of the KEI against attacking ballistic missiles; Features of the KEI; Deployment requirement of KEI in the...
- The European missile defense folly. Lewis, George N.; Postol, Theodore A. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;May/Jun2008, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p32
This article discusses the deficiencies of the European missile defense system proposed by U.S. President George W. Bush to protect the U.S. and Europe from missile threats from the Middle East, particularly Iran. The system would consist of a large X-band radar called the European mid-course...
- Russian pitches common early warning network. Scott, William B. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/9/1995, Vol. 142 Issue 2, p46
Discusses the Russian efforts to promote an international space-based missile detection system. Objectives of the missile system; Views of industry officials on the issue.
- Britain Will Accommodate U.S. Defense Request. Barrie, Douglas // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/20/2003, Vol. 158 Issue 3, p34
Reports on the announcement by Great Britain's Defense Secretary Geoff Hoon, of the British government's intention to respond positively to a request from the U.S. government to use radar based in Great Britain for missile defense purposes. Significance of the announcement for Great Britain;...
- MISSLE MONITOR. Fiszer, Michal // Journal of Electronic Defense;Oct2004, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p28
Reports that MBDA Missile Systems has been producing a prototype of the Missile de CroisiÃ¨re Naval in Paris France. Design and construction; Performance; Regulation of the prototype.
- British Aerospace is offering... // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/29/1999, Vol. 151 Issue 22, p25
Reports on British Aerospace's development of an anti-ballistic missile defense radar dubbed Early Warning and Control System.
- Analyst: Iran's Missile Test Message More Political Than Military. Kessner, B. C. // Defense Daily;4/7/2006, Vol. 230 Issue 5, p2
The article reports that Iran is sending a political and psychological message to the U.S. with revelations of its missile tests, the military of which are tertiary. According to Meir Javedanfar, an analyst from Meepas, Iran is saying that if the talks about the United Nations ultimatum to stop...
- Failure to Launch. // Government Executive;Aug2006, Vol. 38 Issue 13, p13
The article focuses on the U.S. missile defense program that was agitated by the seven missile launches by North Korea. In 2002, the U.S. Missile Defense Agency was ordered by President George Bush to put the program into operation. In 2005, four tests were planned by the Missile Defense Agency...
- U.S. looks to unmanned blimps to improve missile defense. Wilson, J. R. // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Jul2004 Supp, Vol. 15, p4
Reports on the creation of the High Altitude Airship, an unmanned sensory platform for communication designed for missile defense by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency. Project concept; Advocates of the project; Features of the airship.