Fleet Size Must Be in Balance With Security, Mission Needs
- SOUTH KOREAN NAVY: TRANSFORMATION TO PROVIDE NEW CAPABILITIES. Jacobs, Keith // Naval Forces;2005, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p38
Focuses on developments within the Republic of Korea (ROK) Navy-Marine forces. Primary mission of war deterrence in peacetime; Expansion in the scope of operations in the Northeast Asian region; Shipbuilding under the LPX Programme to provide South Korea Marines with a future platform for...
- THE FLEET. // Naval Forces;2009 Special Issue, Vol. 30, p20
The article reports on the fleet of the Republic of Korea (ROK) Navy and Marine Corps. It states that the fleet consists of a total of 68, 000 ROK Navy and its supporting personnel. It mentions the four major components of the command which include the chief of naval operations, chief of the...
- National Debate Needed To Address Funding For Ship Construction, Official Says. Fein, Geoff // Defense Daily;1/17/2006, Vol. 229 Issue 9, p5
The article reports on the need to hold a national debate on shipbuilding that must include U.S. administration officials, Congress, the maritime services, and the industrial base, in January 2006. The government and industry need to discuss the direction of the Navy's force, including some plan...
- "WE ALL SHOULD REMEMBER THE ASYMETRIC EFFECT OF USE OF SEA MINESâ€¦". Schaedla, Hermann H. // NATO's Nations & Partners for Peace;2005, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p271
Focuses on Abeking & Rasmussen, a designer and builder of high performance navy and coast guard vessels and motor and sailing yachts. Partnership with the German Armed Forces; Significance of the Mine Counter Measure vessels to addressing international terrorism.
- Any Day in the Navy. Johnston, Marie G. // All Hands;Oct2004, Issue 1050, preceding p1
Presents several pictures depicting the activities of U.S. navy.
- Shipmates. // All Hands;May2004, Issue 1045, p9
Reports that Storekeeper 2nd Class James R. Anderson was selected as Fleet and Industrial Supply Centers (FISC) San Diego's Junior Sailor of the Quarter for fourth quarter fiscal 2003. Career background; Description of Anderson's career as petty officer for Submarine Maintenance at FISC's Shore...
- French Navy Gets Network-Centric. Fiszer, Michal; Grusczynski, Jerzy // Journal of Electronic Defense;Apr2004, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p35
Reports that the French Navy has joined other countries in embracing network-centric warfare. Plan to use advanced informational techniques to network military structures; Application of RIFAN, a secure Internet Protocol-based network designed to interconnect French Navy vessels.
- ADSUMUS! THE BRAZILIAN NAVY'S AMPHIBIOUS INFANTRY. Barreira, Victor M. S. // Naval Forces;2013, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p54
The article offers information related to the Corpo de Fuzileiros Navais (CFN), Marine Corps of Brazil. It discusses the role of CFN in the coastal defense of Brazilian islands, coastal facilities and offshore oil platforms. It mentions the CFN composed of several subunits including the marine...
- Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash. Ervin, Travis // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jul2004, Vol. 130 Issue 7, p79
Certificates verifying one has crossed a line, whether it is the Equator, the Arctic Circle or the International Date Line, are meaningless bits of paper without the colorful and sometimes rambunctious ceremonies that one must endure to earn them. The U.S. Navy has had its share of these...