Myocardial Ultrastructure in Kearns-Sayre Syndrome
- Effect of Waterborne Copper on the Microstructures and Ultrastructure of the X-Organ Sinus Gland Complex in Eriocheir sinensis. Yang, Z.; Zhao, Y.; Li, N.; Yang, J. // Bulletin of Environmental Contamination & Toxicology;Jan2008, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p68
The effects of different water-borne copper (Cu2+) concentrations on the microstructures and ultrastructures of the X-Organ sinus gland (XO/SG) in Eriocheir sinensis were studied. Under a light microscope, no significant differences were found between the treated and control groups. Under...
- Mitofusin-2 Independent Juxtaposition of Endoplasmic Reticulum and Mitochondria: An Ultrastructural Study. Cosson, Pierre; Marchetti, Anna; Ravazzola, Mariella; Orci, Lelio; Van Der Goot, F. Gisou // PLoS ONE;Sep2012, Vol. 7 Issue 9, Special section p1
Besides its role in controlling the morphology of mitochondria, mitofusin-2 has been proposed to tether mitochondria to the endoplasmic reticulum (ER), based largely on light microscopic analysis. In this study we have examined by electron microscopy the organization of ER and mitochondria in...
- UNUSUAL SENSILLA ON THE ANTENNAE OF FEMALE ANOPHELES BARBIROSTRIS. Kaur, Sagan Deep // Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association;2005, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p464
The 1st scanning electron microscopic study of the antennae of female Anopheles barbirostris van der Wulp revealed the presence of a sunken patch of 7-10 sensilla in well-developed sockets borne in an unusual location. Such sensilla have not been reported in any species of Anopheles, Culex, or...
- Accurate Electrocardiographic Measurement of the Rate of Artificial Pacemakers. Kostis, John B.; Fearn, William // Annals of Internal Medicine;May73, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p711
Describes a rapid method of measuring the rate of artificial pacemakers with accuracy, using the conventional electrocardiographic recorder and the 60-Hertz alternating current interference artifact. Calculation of the rate of pacemaker; Sources of error in measuring the rate of artificial...
- Autocapture stimulus simulating atrioventricular sequential pacing. Sajeev, C.G.; Roy, T.N.S.; Francis, J. // Heart;Aug2002, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p158
Presents the electrocardiogram results from a patient on pacemaker with autocapture function.
- Focus on ECGs: A New Feature of the Texas Heart Institute Journal. Willerson, James T. // Texas Heart Institute Journal;Feb2016, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p1
An introduction to the section "Focus on ECGs" published within the issue is presented and mentions articles including one about challenging electrocardiographs (ECG), another on an approach for ECG interpretation, and one on a patient with a cardiac pacemaker.
- "The Crystal Trail." How one step leads to another! Arnott, Howard J. // Texas Journal of Microscopy;Jan2007, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p18
The author relates his efforts to examine the vertical files of calcium oxalate (CaOx) crystal cells in the root of Yucca. According to the author, the start of his crystal studies came from lessons in transmission electron microscopy (TEM). A 1960 paper by W. Gordon Whaley, H. H. Mollenhauer...
- pacemaker syndrome. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1677
A definition of the medical term "pacemaker syndrome," which refers to a group of unpleasant symptoms linked to unsynchronized atrioventricular timing in patients who have single-chamber pacemakers, is presented.
- The Pacemaker Syndrome. Ausubel, Kalman; Furman, Seymour // Annals of Internal Medicine;Sep85, Vol. 103 Issue 3, p420
Examines the pacemaker syndrome, a complex of clinical signs and symptoms related to the adverse hemodynamic and electrophysiologic consequences of ventricular pacing in the absence of other causes. Evolution of cardiac pacing; History of pacemaker; Symptoms of the pacemaker syndrome.