People's Liberation for Denim
- Like Father, Like Son. Lipke, David // DNR: Daily News Record;6/13/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 24, p20
Reports on the decision of denim designer Danny Guez to launch the People's Liberation denim line for the 2005 fall season in the U.S. Designs of jeans included in the collection; Estimated price of the line.
- Guez Returns With Aspirational Dylan George. Tran, Khanh T. L. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/8/2008, Vol. 195 Issue 98, p12
The article provides information on the services of Dylan George, a denim designer founded by Danny Guez, in New York in 2004. The company will be producing clothes for men and women between ages 24 and 42, who have lots of disposable income. As chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of...
- Work It. Friday, Kim; Centeno, Talaya // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/6/2008, Vol. 196 Issue 97, p22B
The article features several latest fashion design. Cotton and viscose thermal top from Kismet is perfect with a cotton denim jeans from Genetic Denim, matched with Frye boots. A cotton top from Calvin Klein worn with cotton and spandex jeans from Not Your Daughter's Jeans is best when Toms...
- Jeanealogy. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/2/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 23, p6
The article features trends in denim clothing for women and several jeans designers and companies. Skinny legs with an emphasis on subtle details is the trend being promoted by designer Michael Abbey who owns Madamimadam. The line of denim pants from designer George Wong features contrast...
- Lee serves up mid-tier missy. // DSN Retailing Today;3/22/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p39
Reports on the introduction of Lee Apparel Co. Inc.'s One True Fit line of denim jeans in the U.S. Additional of fashion-oriented products targeting youth consumers; Design and fit of the product; Retail price of the jeans.
- Shape Shifters. DeCarlo, Lauren // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/21/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 15, p6
Looks at the trends in the denim clothing industry in the U.S. Increase in the number of clothing brands that enter the denim category; Style of denim jeans that will dominate the market; Approach employed by boutiques in marketing denim clothing.
- Sweden Rekindles Its Passion for Jeans. Marsh, Emilie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/25/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 112, Special Section p38
The article looks at the strength of, and the trends in, the denim market in Sweden. Sweden's textile heritage, industrial design sensitivity, love of U.S. postwar culture and acceptance of conceptual ideas have all fed its strength in denim design, making Swedish labels popular all over the...
- Germany Looks to Keep in Step. McGuinness, Damien // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/25/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 112, Special Section p44
The article looks at the state of the denim market in Germany. Faced with more knowledgeable consumers and increased pressure from quick-moving vertical retailers, the denim market in Germany has become more fluid than ever. But in a very fast-moving market, denim trends change seemingly...
- Denim Still a Hot Currency in Ex-Soviet Union. Larsen, Poul Funder // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/25/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 112, Special Section p40
The article looks at the state of the denim market in Ukraine. There is no shortage of jeans in Kiev. International brands such as Levi Strauss, Lee Cooper and Diesel are prominently on display at Arena City, and elsewhere on high streets throughout the major Russian and Ukrainian cities. But an...