- Back to the Drawing Board. // Medical Meetings;Jun2003, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p26
Presents suggestions for continuing medical education providers in dealing with the Standards for Commercial Support in the U.S. Documents addressing the gifts to physicians; Possible sources of definitions for conflict of interest on the Standards; Importance of setting nondisclosure policies.
- Physician Education in Addiction Medicine. Wood, Evan; Samet, Jeffrey H.; Volkow, Nora D. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;10/23/2013, Vol. 310 Issue 16, p1673
The authors offer insights on physician education in addiction medicine in the U.S. According to them, failure to diagnose and treat substance use disorders still emerge in the medical community partly due to the failure to educate physicians about addiction medicine. They argue that improvement...
- Continuing Professional Development. Ridgway, Tim // South Dakota Medicine;Sep2015, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p383
The article looks at the evolution of continuing medical education (CME) in the U.S. Physicians encountered changes in CME delivered by accrediting organizations. The emergence of professional practice gaps among physician is discussed. Also described are approaches and content areas to meet the...
- Notice. Martorell, F. // Angiology;Oct1960 Part 1, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p421
Announces the conduct of a postgraduate course in Angiology by the Department of Angiology Instituto PoliclÃnico in Barcelona, Spain. Limitation of registration to 15 physicians; Opportunity for physicians to receive instruction by means of diagnostic and surgical clinics and didactic...
- Quality issues in continuing medical education. Holm, Hans Asbjorn // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);02/21/98, Vol. 316 Issue 7131, p621
Looks at some trends and issues that are being addressed in order to improve the effectiveness of doctor's continuous learning. Contribution of learning theory to medical education; Motivation for continuous learning; Quality improvement among general practitioners. INSETS: Summary points;Self...
- Continuing Education Opportunities for Physicians. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;1/5/90, Vol. 263 Issue 1, p144
Introduces the continuing education opportunities program for U.S. physicians compiled by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association (AMA). Policy of the AMA to encourage physicians to participate voluntarily in continuing medical education; Scope of the continuing...
- MED ED REPORT: Update. // Medical Marketing & Media;Feb2010, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p16
The article offers updates related to medical education in the U.S. including the appointment of Maureen Doyle-Scharff as senior director in the Medical Education Group of Pfizer Inc., the development of an online neurology continuing medical education (CME) portal by Scienta Healthcare...
- CME Events. // South Dakota Medicine;Feb2013, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p76
A calendar of continuing medical education (CME) events across the U.S. in 2013 is presented including Pediatric Grand Rounds: American Indian Communities and Childhood Obesity, Tobacco Cessation, and Chronic Pain.
- CME Events. // South Dakota Medicine;Sep2013, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p390
A calendar of continuing medical education (CME) events across the U.S. in 2013 is presented including the Mayo Clinic Gastroenterology and Hepatology Board Review, VA Medical CME Activity: Suicide Prevention and Intruder Response.