Efficacy of Indobufen in the Treatment of Intermittent Claudication
- Get Fit at Home this Winter. // Cleveland Clinic Men's Health Advisor;Jan2014, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p4
The article discusses the significant in choosing the proper home exercise equipment such as treadmills, ellipticals and stationary bicycles. It states that selecting the right choice will the individual needs, goals and keeps a better health. It also mentions that adults should get at least 150...
- Characterisation, asymmetry and reproducibility of on- and off-transient pulmonary oxygen uptake kinetics in endurance-trained runners. Kilding, A.E.; Challis, N.V.; Winter, E.M.; Fysh, M. // European Journal of Applied Physiology;Feb2005, Vol. 93 Issue 5/6, p588
The purpose of this study was three-fold: (1) to characterise both the on- and off-transient oxygen uptake (V?O2) kinetics in endurance runners during moderate-intensity treadmill running; (2) to determine the degree of symmetry between on- and off-transients; and (3) to determine the...
- The Walking Workout That Burns. Serrell, Allison // Health (Time Inc. Health);May99, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p50
Relates the author's experience in taking Treadmill classes. Popularity of the treadmill; Its advantages over other machines.
- Run of the 'Mills. Sellers, Dave // Runner's World;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p70
Rates treadmill equipment for running exercises.
- Walk Away a Winner. Neuman, Chad // American Fitness;May/Jun2001, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p23
Provides tips on what to look for in buying a treadmill. Horsepower; Speed and incline range; Delivery and assembly; Warranty.
- getting technical on the treadmill. Haar, Kristina // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness Hers;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the results of a study by researchers from the University of Alberta, in Canada, on the use of treadmills for exercising.
- Treadmills. // Consumer Reports;Jan1998, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p22
Offers a comparison test of several treadmills. How the exercise machines can help improve cardiovascular fitness, build endurance and burn calories; Durability; Safety; Stability; Shock absorption; Recommendations; Ratings. INSET: Having fun yet? Comparing features.
- LEARNING to Let Go. Welch, Gregory L. // American Fitness;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p61
Discusses the habit of several people to hold the handrails while walking and running on the treadmill. Reasons for holding the handrails; Disadvantages of holding the handrails; Uses of the treadmill.
- Treadmill tops among calorie burners. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Sep96, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p25
Reports on a study showing that the treadmill is the best exercise machine in burning calories. Stair-climber; Rowing machine; Cross-country ski simulator; Airdyne cycling machine; Stationary bike.