Experimental Evaluation of the Mitroflow Pericardial Heart Valve Prosthesis. Part I. In Vivo Hemodynamic Evaluation
- Experimental Evaluation of the Mitroflow Pericardial Heart Valve Prosthesis. Part II. Pathologic Examination. Hassoulas, J.; Rose, A. G. // Angiology;Aug1988, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p733
The results of the morphologic and histopathologic examination of 37 bovine pericardial heart valve prostheses that were retrieved after experimental implantation in Chacma baboons for periods of one to twelve months are presented in this study. The implanted prostheses consisted of 33 Mitroflow...
- Salmonella Prosthetic Valve Endocarditis. Gunalingam, B; Gunalingam, Brinthapan; Feneley, Michael P.; Kelly, Raymond // Heart, Lung & Circulation;Dec2000, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p126
We report the case of a 69-year-old man with an aortic valve bioprosthesis in whom a diagnosis of Salmonella typhimurium prosthetic valve endocarditis was made. During the prolonged hospital admission early aggressive antibiotic therapy and early valve replacement surgery were the deciding...
- Surgical treatment of infective endocarditis with special reference to prosthetic valve endocarditis. Westaby, S.; Oakley, Celia; Sapsford, R.N.; Bentall, H.H. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);7/30/1983, Vol. 287 Issue 6388, p320
Investigates the study on surgical treatment of infective endocarditis. Indications for surgical intervention of infective endocarditis using prosthetic valves; Success rate on the surgical process; Definition of infective endocarditis; Treatment process of infective endocarditis using antibiotics.
- Successful Treatment of Mycobaterium fortuitum Prosthetic Valve Endocarditis: Case Report. Vail, George; Kohler, Richard; Steiner, Fred; Donepudi, Rama // Clinical Infectious Diseases;3/1/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p629
Discusses prosthetic valve endocarditis due to Mycobacterium fortuitum complex. Case report; Treatment; Review of other reported cases of prosthetic valve infection.
- PROSTHETIC VALVE ENDOCARDITIS CAUSED BY SCEDOSPORIUM APIOSPERMUM. Verghese, S.; Padmaja, P.; Chellamma, M. T.; Leelavathy, S.; Nayar, P. // Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology;Oct2005, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p264
Scedosporium apiospermum, the asexual state of Pseudallescheria boydii, is increasingly recognized as an opportunistic pathogen. We report a case of prosthetic valve endocarditis caused by this organism that developed in a patient following cardiac surgery.
- Pre- and Post-operative Dental Focus of Patients with Prosthetic Heart Valves. Schmelzeisen, Rainer; Yabroudi, Feras; Dannan, Aous // Internet Journal of Cardiovascular Research;2009, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p2
Introduction and Aim: Patients who are going to receive prosthetic heart valve operation should have all indicated dental treatment performed before the valve is placed since they are more susceptible to infective endocarditis or to prosthetic valvular endocarditis arising from oral infections....
- Severe prosthetic valve--related endocarditis following dental scaling: A case report. Doerffel, Wolf; Fietze, Ingo; Baumann, Gert; Witt, Christian // Quintessence International;Apr1997, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p271
There is a well-known correlation between surgical dental procedures and the risk of bacterial endocarditis in patients with prosthetic cardiac valves. A 43-year-old patient with prosthetic aortic and mitral valves, which already have been removed twice because of endocarditis, suffered from a...
- Acupuncture needles as a cause of bacterial endocarditis. Jefferys, D.B.; Smith, S.; Brennand-Roper, D.A.; Curry, P.V.L. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);7/30/1983, Vol. 287 Issue 6388, p326
Reports on the development of bacterial endocarditis after the insertion and manipulation of acupuncture needles. Case report of a 57 year old woman with prosthetic Starr-Edwards valve diagnosed with bacterial endocarditis; Signs and symptoms presented by the patient; Use of acupuncture...
- Experiencia con la prÃ³tesis de pericardio bovino Carpentier-Edwards en posiciÃ³n pulmonar en pacientes con cardiopatÃas congÃ©nitas. Centella Hernández, Tomasa; Lamas Hernández, Maria Jesús; Garrido Lestache, Elvira; Cazzaniga Bullón, Mario; Gómez González, Ricardo; Fernández Pineda, Luis; Coca Pérez, Ana; Pérez de León, Julio // Revista MÃ©dicas UIS;2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p165
Introduction. In recent years the number of patients with complex congenital heart disease previously corrected in infancy who need a pulmonary valve replacement has increased dramatically. The ideal substitute remains a source of dispute. Nowadays, in the unit of cardiovascular surgery of the...