Cardiac Alterations in Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Entwicklung von MorbiditÃ¤t und MortalitÃ¤t bei Spondyloarthritiden. Kiltz, U.; Sieper, J.; Braun, J. // Zeitschrift fÃ¼r Rheumatologie;Aug2011, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p473
This review presents data on morbidity and mortality in patients with spondyloarthritis (SpA). Morbidity in patients with SpA is mainly determined by impairment of function and development of structural lesions. The course of illness in patients with ankylosing spondylitis (AS) is influenced by...
- Infliximab. // Reactions Weekly;3/16/2013, Issue 1444, p24
The article presents the case of a 20-year-old woman, who developed an ovarian carcinoma while receiving infliximab for ankylosing spondylitis.
- Treatment for mycetoma with oral itraconazole in ankylosing spondylitis. Basyigit, Ilknur; Yazici, Ayten; Ucar, Esra; Boyaci, Hasim; Yildiz, Fusun // Rheumatology International;May2013, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p1375
A letter the editor is presented in response to the article about an ankylosing spondylitis (AS) case with mycetoma who treated with oral itraconazole by Bekci and colleagues in the 2010 issue.
- Ankilozan Spondilitli Beklenen Zor EntÃ¼basyon VakasÄ±nda UyanÄ±k Fiberoptik Nazal EntÃ¼basyon Deneyimimiz. SOLAK, Sezen; ÖZYUVACI, Emine Nur; TOPRAK, Naile; BİLGİ, Deniz; AKYOL, Onat // Istanbul Medical Journal;2012, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p207
Ankylosing spondylitis (AS) is defined as an inflammatory arthritis of the spine, always involving the sacroiliac joints. Cervical column and atlantooccipital articulation mobility are reduced, and in severe cases, the cervical vertebrae become fixed in a flexed position. This portion of the...
- The quality of life and functional ability in patients with ankylosing spondylitis. Rugienė, Rita; Kirdaitė, Gailutė; Gražuleviciūtė, Edita; Dadonienė, Jolanta; Venalis, Algirdas // Acta Medica Lituanica;2008, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p99
Background. The main objective of this study is to understand the burden of ankylosing spondylitis (AS), to identify the aspects of health-related quality of life (QoL) in patients with AS and compare them with the control group (CG), to explore the factors influencing the QoL. Methods. 65...
- Crying for Sheila. Napolitasa, Marianne Lyndon // Saturday Evening Post;Dec84, Vol. 256 Issue 9, p8
Presents a reader's reaction to an article on a woman incorrectly diagnosed for a spinal disease called ankylosing spondylitis published in the October 1984 issue of "The Saturday Evening Post" periodical.
- Assessment of the impact of flares in ankylosing spondylitis disease activity using the Flare Illustration. M. A. Stone; E. Pomeroy; A. Keat; R. Sengupta; S. Hickey; P. Dieppe; R. Gooberman-Hill; R. Mogg; J. Richardson; R. D. Inman // Rheumatology;Aug2008, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p1213
Objectives. Many AS patients report periods of perceived higher disease activity (flares). This pilot study aims to document disease activity patterns reported by AS patients and examine associations with disease-specific health status measures. Methods. Consecutive AS patients (n = 114) were...
- ONE CHANCE IN 500 TO LIVE. Cousins, Norman // Saturday Evening Post;May/Jun1977, Vol. 249 Issue 4, p52
Relates the author's experiences who is suffering from ankylosing spondylitis. Symptoms experienced by the author; His view on the services offered by the hospital where he was confined; His relationship with his physician; His chances of recovering from the disease.
- Late esophageal perforation complicating anterior cervical plate fixation in ankylosing spondylitis: a case report and review of the literature. Zdichavsky, Marty; Blauth, Michael; Bosch, Ulrich; Rosenthal, Herbert; Knop, Christian; Bastian, Leonard // Archives of Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery;Jun2004, Vol. 124 Issue 5, p349
Esophageal perforation in ankylosing spondylitis (AS) is a rare complication in anterior cervical spine surgery and has not been reported before. A 50-year-old patient with AS developed incomplete tetraplegia after minimal trauma. C5 pedicle fracture was diagnosed and treated predominantly by...