From the Chairman
- EDITORS at Odds with AP. Strupp, Joe // Editor & Publisher;Jul2008, Vol. 141 Issue 7, p32
The article reports on concerns expressed by editors over the decision of Associated Press (AP) to reduce fees and restructure its rates in the U.S. Other issues raised by the editors are mentioned, including complaints about decreases in local and regional breaking news. The news agency assured...
- Council of Management Elections. // Management Services;Mar1987, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p30
A nomination form for Council of Management elections is enclosed with the March 1987 issue of the journal "Management Services," for all corporate members in Great Britain. The closing date for nominations is April 1, 1987.
- A History and Celebration 'The Gold to the Diamond Anniversaries'. Flether, S.G.; Latham, William H. // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Spring88, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p4
Deals with the 75th anniversary of the Society for Advancement of Management (SAM). Commendation on the staff and authors of the periodical 'SAM Advanced Management Journal'; Contribution of chapter and national level members on the success of SAM.
- Secure future for members. Lucey, John // Management Services;Autumn2006, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p4
The author comments on several issues concerning the Institute of Management Specialists (IMS). He acknowledges the increasing number of IMS members. He considers the progress made for the new IMS certificate. He looks at the accomplishments made by the journal Management Services and its...
- Sizewise. Levin, Mark // Association Management;Mar1999, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p81
Presents information on association management. Actions that can spell legal trouble; Tips on how to cut the cost of printing newsletter; Strategy to help an association increase its membership in the 21st century.
- Alternative strides. Willis, Belinda // Business Press;07/04/97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p2
Announces that the magazine `FW Weekly' has joined the Association of Alternative Weeklies. Number of weekly magazines that applied for membership with the association; Number of magazines accepted; Comments about `FW Weekly.'
- FPA WELCOMES CONVERTING QUARTERLY AS A NEW MEMBER. // Flexible Packaging;Nov2010, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p13
The article announces that "Converting Quarterly," a technical publication for the web-processing, converting and finishing industry, has joined as a new member of the Flexible Packaging Association (FPA).
- UH HUH DEPARTMENT. // New Yorker;2/13/1971, Vol. 46 Issue 52, p112
An excerpt from the "Lafayette Journal & Courier" about the vote of the members of the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks on the exclusion of nonwhites from membership is presented.
- Join ISGS: International Society for Gesture Studies. // Gesture;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p241
The article offers information regarding being a member of the "International Society for Gesture Studies" and subscribe to the journal "Gesture."