INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: TELECOMMUNICATIONS
- Philippines : MANILA: GLOBE TELECOM issued preferred shares to net $230m. // TendersInfo News;8/19/2014, p1
The article reports that the Philippine telecommunications service provider Globe Telecom has issued preferred shares worth around seven billion Philippine pesos.
- Cable Bahamas share issue over subscribed. // Latin America Telecom;Apr2014, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p4
The article announces that the $100 million preference share issued by cable services company Cable Bahamas Ltd. in April 2014 was over subscribed on its first day from high net-worth and institutional investors as cable television and broadband sector looks to raise funds to boost working capital.
- Adelphia to boost share base. Farrell // Multichannel News;09/27/99, Vol. 20 Issue 40, p58
Reports on Adelphia Communications Corp.'s plans to boost its authorized class A and B shares and preferred shares in an effort said to be tied to aggressive expansion plans for its Hyperion Telecommunications Inc. subsidiary.
- Revision to Section 3860. // CA Magazine;Mar1997, Vol. 130 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the revision of Section 3860 to `high/low' redeemable preferred shares by the Accounting Standards Board of Canada. Financial liabilities; Purpose of the revision.
- Losses on small business stock extends to preferred stock. // CPA Journal;Oct94, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p16
Reports on a reader's contention that preferred stocks of small businesses qualify as Section 1244 stock.
- Non-convertible preferred stock (public + 144A). // Investment Dealers' Digest;07/07/97, Vol. 63 Issue 27, p28
Presents a chart reflecting non-convertible preferred stocks in the United States as of July 7, 1997. Includes Merrill Lynch and Co. Inc.; Goldman Sachs and Co.; JP Morgan.
- Non-convertible preferred stock (public+144A). // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/06/97, Vol. 63 Issue 40, p21
Provides information on non-convertible preferred stock in the United States with full credit to lead manager from January 1 to September 30, 1997. Investment managers include Merrill Lynch; Goldman Sachs; Lehman Brothers; JP Morgan.
- Preferred securities: Attractive yields for individual investors. Pedace Jr., Frank // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/29/96, Vol. 198 Issue 13, p23
Focuses on preferred securities as choice investments. Features; Yields; Income stream; New stock structures.
- Mean reversion in asset returns with varying debt and equity components: Evidence and... Chen, Carl R.; Sauer, David A. // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Fall97, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p683
Presents a study on the existence of mean reversion in three classes of preferred stock and high grade corporate bond returns. Effect of the lack of mean reversion in high grade preferred stock; What is exhibited by returns to medium and speculative preferred stock.